Christmas

Christmas at Hogwarts, circa 1991 (The Philosopher's Stone)
-----------------------
tw// mention of dead parents
-----------------------
Spirits were high at Hogwarts, after all it was Christmas time. Some students had their bags packed and prepared to spend Christmas with their family and some of them stayed here. Your aunt, who's taken care of you since your parents passed, was unable to plan a Christmas vacation this year. It was simply too busy at the ministry but she promised to make it up to you in the summer. Honestly, you didnt mind that you were unable to spend Christmas with your aunt since it meant spending more time with Oliver. After finding out you couldn't go home for Christmas he practically begged his parents to stay at Hogwarts for the holidays. His parents were disappointed that he didn't want to come home and bring you along; how eager they were to meet you, but they understood. The two of you had a day planned out in Hogsmeade after you messed around at the pitch. Most days you'd be annoyed by Oliver's insistent urge to play/talk about quidditch but you thought it'd be fun to experience flying as it snowed.

You were woken up by the sound of a young boys voice, somewhat distant but still loud. Hearing foggy, you couldn't pick up what he said. You rubbed your eyes and kicked the knitted blanket off from over your feet. Taking a few seconds to actually wake up, you realized it was Christmas. Leaping off the bed, your feet met the cold wooden floor. You made your way down the stairs to see two young boys in the common room. By the looks of their hair and height, you figured it was Ron and Harry.

"Mornin' Ron, mornin' Harry!"

"Good morning Y/N!" They said in unison. "Merry Christmas Y/N" they said cheerfully as you made your way towards the Christmas tree. You smiled and said it back.

Bending down to the floor beneath the tree, you looked through each of the presents searching for one with your name. Finally, your hand grazed over a small box wrapped in shiny red wrapping paper, topped with a gold bow and an embossed card attached. The card read:

'Dearest Y/N,

It's safe to say our Christmas trip has been postponed. Due to how busy the ministry is at the moment I won't be able to make it up to you until summer. Until then, capture your memories with this, hold onto them so you can tell me all about it later on. P.S. I don't want any inappropriate photos with that Wood fellow. Tell him I said hi will ya?

Love,

Your Aunt'

You scoffed when you got to the part about Oliver. Your aunt only met him a couple of times over the summer when he'd come over to hang out but you didn't think it was that obvious that you two were together. After folding the card into your pant pocket you finally opened the present. Ripping away at the glossy paper your eyes beamed at the sight. A brand new polaroid camera, still in its packaging. They were all the craze this year but you'd been asking your aunt for one since your first year at Hogwarts. Unable to contain it any longer, you let out a shriek and jumped up and down. The yell caught the attention of Ron and Harry who quickly ran over to check if you were okay.

"Woah! Is that a brand new camera?! My brother Percy's always wanted one, mum and dad always told him no but-" Ron cut himself off once he saw Oliver approaching.

"Merry Christmas Ron, Harry, Y/N" he said with a charming smile. You felt his body come behind you, leaning into him as his arms wrapped around your waist. He gingerly placed kisses from behind your ear to the top of your shoulder.

"Ew! There's children present y'know. George, help, shield their eyes!" Fred said as they jokingly placed their hands over Harry and Ron's faces. You broke out of Oliver's grasp and quickly yanked a pillow off of the couch to your side, throwing it in their direction. It hit Fred straight in the nose causing you all to laugh.