Don't Flatter Yourself

This chapter takes place in both yours and Oliver's 5th year (Philosophers Stone). In this specific chapter, you'll be a Hufflepuff so I hope you're okay with that but if not then :/ Also, sorry for not updating for so long, something came up and it really messed with me for a bit but hopefully I can get back to updating more consistently. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy and thank you so much for 7k!!!

"Oliver I swear it's as if the only time we get to spend together is during quidditch matches!"

  "That's a blessing in disguise darlin'," he joked.

"Oh shut it, won't be much of a blessing when we win-"

"-You mean we as in Gryffindor, right? We've got three amazing chasers...what does Hufflepuff have?" He teased while also trying to get under your skin, you were a chaser as well.

  "Just you wait Wood, just you wait." You said with a mischievous smirk. 

"Well, as captain of the quidditch team," he quickly grinned from ear to ear, "I'm not very fond of waiting but by all means Y/N, surprise me."

You nudged his side, resulting in a whole scene of him faking being harmed. He grabbed at his side and groaned, "AHH! Somebody please help me! Y/N! SHE'S ASSAULTED ME!'

  You placed your head in your hands and looked down at the boy who was now laying on the floor, pretending to be dead. "You're so embarrassing." You laughed and offered your hand out to him, only to snatch it back as he was about to grab yours.

  "Oh. I see how it is," he pouted with crossed arms, his nose was comically tilted towards the ceiling. 

  You huffed, "can you be more dramatic?"

  "Actually, I can!" he exclaimed before strutting off with his arms still crossed and head still tilted upwards. He walked without care, barely even opening his eyes, that was until...

  "Merlin's beard W-W-ood-"

"-Sorry professor," he said timidly before running off. 

    You tried to contain a laugh but couldn't help it. Professor Quirrel turned in your direction and gave you a smile, to which you returned after taking a few seconds to regain yourself. Your feet shuffled awkwardly against the floor as you went to go find Oliver. It felt like Professor Quirrel had eyes in the back of his head which caused you to feel uneasy.  To your surprise, Oliver was waiting just around the corner. The two of you were silent for a couple of seconds before completely bursting out in laughter. 

 "Merlin! That was embarrassing!" Oliver exclaimed between laughs. 

"You're lucky that Quirrel's nice, imagine if it were Snape."

  "Really..Wood?" Oliver said, attempting to impersonate Snape but failing miserably as his Scottish accent brightly shone through. "Well, gotta go to class. Defense against the dark arts, with Quirrel," he rolled his eyes and silently wished the interaction with the professor never happened. 

 "Well, off you go- W-Wood" you sneered then made your way to potions class. 

  After an interminable day of classes, you decided to skip dinner and head straight to your dorm. You had a quidditch match tomorrow anyways so a little extra rest seemed beneficial. 

  When it came time for the match, your eyes were eager looking out onto the pitch beyond the curtains. Black and yellow robes draped around your shoulders, your broom was already placed between your legs. You took in a deep breath before heading out onto the pitch. The crowd of red, green, blue, and yellow was slightly overwhelming but what scared you the most was going against Oliver. Yes, the two of you teased each other constantly and were fairly close but very rarely did the two of you compete against one another. With Oliver being a competitive and driven athlete, playing against him was fairly nerve-racking. Watching him play was scary as well, it was no secret that the talented keeper was inclined to bludgers striking him down.