Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 3)

A/N: im so sorry for not updating sooner lol school's had me really busy and overwhelmed i hope you all understand, this part is kind of long so i hope you all enjoy this last part and thank you so much for all the views and votes so far ❤

     Heartbroken. Oliver was heartbroken. He was aware that you were going to Hogsmeade with Cedric but he wasn't aware that the weekend you two planned on going, you had also planned to study with him. His attitude was already plagued by the mere thought of you and Cedric together but nevertheless he still hoped he could change your mind. 

   Oliver woke early on Saturday, attempting to fix his hair although failing miserably, trying to make himself as presentable as possible for you. While he was still in his dorm getting ready, you made your way down to the courtyard. Cedric stretched his arm out and you intertwined yours with his, the two of you walked separate from the rest of the group on their way to Hogsmeade. 

   After getting ready, Oliver walked down to the common room.  A surprised look appeared on his face when he saw it completely empty. 'Y/N is probably still sleeping' he thought. Ten minutes had passed yet he still waited. The hair he tried to so desperately style was now untamed and going in several directions after rubbing and pulling at his hair out of frustration. If only he could run up to your dorm and check on you himself, that damn enchantment. He'd actually attempted to make it up the stairs, sprinting towards it only to be met with the feeling of sliding down each time. He plopped down on the couch and rested his head in his hand. After another nearly ten minutes of blankly staring at the wall his eyes started to feel heavy. Eventually, he fell asleep and instinctly curled up into a loose ball on the couch. 

  You and Cedric had a great time although you subconsciously felt as though you forgot about something, or someone. When you made it back to Hogwarts the two of you parted ways and headed to your dorms. After making your way through the staircases which luckily didn't move as much as you predicted, you faced the Fat Lady. Before she could even mutter the word, you said "Fortuna Major" and the painting opened up. The common room was warm per usual and lit by the warm light of the fire and golden chandelier. A few people were scattered amongst the area, some in chairs and some talking amongst their friends whilst standing up. You scanned the room for at least one of your friends, hoping to tell them about how well your little excursion went. Your eyes fell upon a familiar face curled up on the couch. His head resting on the armrest. At first you didn't want to wake him, he looked so peaceful but as soon as you sat down next to him he quickly jumped up and rubbed his eyes. A big smile appeared on his face.

   "Y/N, where've you been?" he asked with eyes eager for information. 

"At Hogsmeade, with Cedric. I had the best-" you cut yourself off as you noticed Oliver's grin turn into a frown. "What's wrong?" 

   He huffed and practically threw himself out of his seat. You tugged at the sleeve of his knitted sweater. "Don't touch me, I need to be alone." 

"Oliver please," you pleaded. He angrily tugged his sleeve back and stormed out of the common room. Everyone's eyes averted to you. 

  "WHAT?!" you exclaimed causing everyone to turn back to what they were doing. You plopped down onto the couch with your head in your hands, conflicted. Things were going so good with Cedric that you failed to even think about Oliver. 

   That night you stayed in the common room, awaiting Oliver's return. For hours you sat, occasionally adjusting your legs to lie down on the couch. You hadn't gone to the Great Hall for dinner which the twins noticed so they left early to check up on you. The twins entered with hushed voices, breaking the silence you sat in for what seemed like an eternity.