After a Long Day

A/N: this was requested, sorry that it's super short but i thought it was cute. also i suggest listening to some type of ambience mix with rain or whatever you like while reading to play in the background.

  Somehow Fridays were always the most stressful at Hogwarts. Both you and Oliver were stressing over your exams (that you have yet to take) which drove you crazy. During potions class you nearly burnt your eyebrows off as well but luckily nobody noticed. The whole day just seemed to drag on, and on, and on... To make matters worse, on your way to the common room, the staircases decided to give you a detour which led you to the complete opposite direction that you were headed.

  After nearly losing your mind at the ever-changing staircases, you finally made it to the common room. As you walked in the warmth that emanated from the fireplace immediately met your skin. Since you finished a long and stressful day of classes you figured you deserved a break. Quickly, you headed to your dorm to change into more comfortable clothes then headed back down. Plopping onto the empty sofa, your body seeped into the soft velvet. The pitter-patter of rain tapped softly against the windows. The room was quiet, only slight chatter could be heard amongst the few students in the room. Most Gryffindors were either in their dorms or elsewhere in the giant castle.

  Fire crackling and rain filled your ears, creating a relaxed ambience. For a while you laid on the sofa, alone, your stresses seemingly drifting away. You were on the verge of falling asleep when you heard the door swing open with a loud huff following behind. It was Oliver, his tie was loosened around his neck, collar popped, with his robe and vest folded across his forearm.

  "Long day?" you asked and he responded with a look that told you all that you needed to know.

  He draped his various pieces of clothing over the sofa and walked over to you. His hands were out, making an opening-closing motion, signaling that he wanted to cuddle with you. You made space on the sofa for him and he laid by your side. His body pressed against yours, his head resting on your chest.

  Oliver anchored himself to the cadence of your breathing and the soft beating of your heart. You began running your hand through his short hair, something that always calmed him down. He closed his eyes although he wasn't asleep yet. The rain tapping against the window welcomed the cold breeze that ran through the common room. In an attempt to get warmer, he pulled you closer to him. Your left hand stayed running through his brown locks and you continuously traced circles on his back with your other hand. Almost immediately after you started tracing circles on his back, you felt his weight get heavier from on top of you. He snored lightly, something you always found cute. You continued running your fingers through his hair to ensure he didn't wake up until you yourself fell asleep. The two of you lay there throughout the night, occasionally stirring about.

  When you woke up Oliver was still asleep. His light snores made you smile and you began softly rubbing his back. You enjoyed the warmth he brought to you since you'd fallen asleep without a blanket. You knew you'd have to get up at some point but for now you laid with Oliver by your side and you swore you wouldn't want it any other way.