Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 1)

You were taking down notes during your history of magic class. As you were writing down your next sentence you found yourself suddenly unable to focus. Turning to your left you saw Oliver, slouched over the table, resting his face in his hands adoring you. You put your quill down on the wooden table and sat with both hands in your lap. Initially you thought that your body language would give him a hint to leave you alone, nevertheless he Still. Kept. Looking.

"Stop it," you said sternly.

"Stop what?"

"Looking at me like that, it's getting weird."

"Sorry," Oliver coughed into his hand and awkwardly slipped back into his seat.

Soon after, class was dismissed. Quickly you packed your things, neatly stuffing your books, quill and ink into your bag, and headed down to the Great Hall. Oliver trailed after.

"(Nickname), Y/N!"

Hearing your actual first name caused you to turn around and stop in your tracks. You scoffed.

"What do you want Wood?"

Student after student passed by and he finally caught up to you.

"I- I was just wonderin' wanna study with me in the library tomorrow? We could even study in the common room, if you'd like?" he asked with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Of course, what class?" You asked, completely oblivious to the fact that he intended on this being a study-date and not just studying.

"Well I have been struggling a bit in the history of magic..."

You giggled causing Oliver to furrow his eyebrows.

"Something funny, Y/N?" he asked with a charming smile.

"Well maybe you wouldn't be struggling in that class if you'd spent more time actually doing your work instead of staring at me."

He scratched the back of his head, "so you've noticed?"

"Who wouldn't?"

You mocked his staring by resting your cheek on your hand, looking up at the ceiling adoringly, laughing.

He laughed back and very lightly shoved your arm, "I do not do that."

Before the two of you started walking towards the great hall you stared closely at his face. Oliver grew worried, "What? Is there something there?" he asked, wiping away at the sides of his face with his sleeve.

"Oh, I thought...I think I might've seen some drool, on the side of your mouth." you teased.

"Very funny," he said back with a straight face.

You took his hand and guided him to the Great Hall as if he didn't know where he was going. Oliver's face grew warm and red, the thought of you holding his hand made him go crazy. Even though you were a year younger than Oliver, you always made him feel the pure happiness he hadn't felt since he was a boy. You began to skip down to the Great Hall, the grip on his hand loosening. As you were skipping you turned back to Oliver, motioning with your hand to hurry up. Once you faced forward again you ran into a body much bigger than your own

"I'm so-" you looked up, taken aback by a pair of dark blue eyes and a kind smile. "Sorry."

"It's alright, just don't go bumping into a professor like that" he joked, causing you to laugh. "Have we met before?" he asked.

"No I don't think we have, I'm Y/N, Y/F/N Y/L/N." you extended your hand for him to shake.

"Cedric, Diggory, nice to meet you."

Oliver rolled his eyes and went off to walk into the Great Hall alone.

"I should get going, Cedric. Uhm see you later, maybe?"

"Certainly."

You looked around and noticed that the hallway was practically empty, you wondered when Oliver had left. Quickly you walked into the Great Hall, boots lightly clacking against the floor. The Hall was brightly lit with candles floating mid air as they usually were, tables filled with food. You found your way to the Gryffindor table, right next to Oliver.

"Where'd you go?" You asked, setting your bookbag down.

"In here..." he said with an 'obviously...' kind of tone.

"Well, sorry that I took so long, if only I hadn't run into anybody, you know, clumsy me." You were acting weirder than usual.

"Are you alright? You seem...strange."

You put your hand over your heart, "Me?! Strange? Oliver Wood that really hurt." You said with a fake pout.

He rolled his eyes and threw a piece of food at your robes, resulting in you throwing the piece back at him. The two of you shared light banter throughout the rest of the night with it finally ending as you walked to the common room.

"Finally Y/N" you heard a familiar voice say.

"Thought you and Wood would never shut up!" Another familiar voice said.

You scoffed and shoved the red haired twins playfully out of the way.

"Whatever, now if you'd excuse me I'm going to my dorm.

A/N: Sorry if there's any grammar errors throughout this, and sorry for it being pretty short but I was sort of rushing and this was initially meant for something else I had in the works and used my oc and their pronouns. Anyways there will be a part two but at the moment I'm going through a bit of a writer's block and am busy with school at the moment, hopefully u understand, have an amazing week!