Common Room Festivities

A/N: I wanted something fun to write about haha, and I know that some of yall like the twins ;) my apologies if you're like hella tall lmaooo, part of the chapter focuses on you being shorter than the twins. anyways I hope you enjoy and tysm for 14k! I truly am grateful!!

   You walked with the twins over to the Gryffindor common room, barely able to keep up as they took strides rather than steps.

"If you've forgotten, I wasn't gifted with extremely long legs so for the love of Merlin, slow down."

  The two snickered before stopping in their tracks. The looks on their faces concerned you. Mischievous smirks were plastered on the pair of identical twins. Before you knew it, you were being swept off your feet. Ginger hair streaked your vision. George helped place you on top of Fred's shoulders.

  "You. Complete. Dickheads!"

The two laughed as they watched the worry rise in your face.

  "Come on now (Y/L/N), you were the one complaining about not being able to keep up," Fred said.

  "Now you can go at the same speed!" George finished cheerily.

You huffed before accepting the strange fate. Fred kept his grip on your lower leg, beneath your knees, to prevent you from falling. You placed your hands atop his surprisingly soft hair. Orange strands sprouted between your fingertips.

"Wonder how fast you can go with Y/N on you,"

  "Let's see..." Fred said with a smirk. Although you couldn't see it you knew for a fact it was there.

  The three of you speedily made it through the halls. A few people took second glances but a majority just rolled their eyes unsurprisingly. It was all fun in games until you nearly fell off as Fred made his way up the stairs.

  "You arsehole, I could've died!"

"Don't worry Y/N, George would've been there to catch you. Right?"

  George's eyes widened, he definitely wouldn't have caught you.

"Of course I would....." he answered, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

  You swatted at his head but couldn't reach, "I'll get you for that Georgie,"

  He took off jokingly with his hands raised. Fred was careful as he walked up the Grand Staircases. Luckily, they'd only moved a couple of times. George made it to the common room before the two of you, the painting already open as you reached it. Fred crouched down, allowing you to get off his shoulders. The two of you walked into the common room and were welcomed by muggle rock music and the lingering smell of firewhiskey. The fireplace was crackling and created a nice contrast with the cool Scottish breeze coming through the windows.

  "What's the celebration for?" you asked Lee Jordan.

"We've all completed our O.W.L's and the seventh years finished their N.E.W.T's!" He roared in response, much louder than the amplified music. 

  The room was full of 5th and 7th years. Various third years were scattered about still studying for their exams. Someone turned the volume up higher on the speakers and people started to round up in one area. Students were dancing foolishly with their arms thrown up in the air. You joined in, all your stress and worries seemingly slipping away. While dancing, someone stepped on your foot. They quickly turned back to apologize then turned back around once realizing who you were. His brown hair sat messily atop his head. A loose sweater dangled from his shoulders. A bottle of firewhiskey complemented his left hand.

  "Sorry! Didn't see you there," he shouted over the loud music.

  You assured him that it was alright and the two of you shared a smile.

"So how've you been?" He asked but you couldn't really hear him. You cupped your hand around your ear to try and hear him better, but you couldn't. He moved closer to your ear, his warm breath brushing along your cheek. "Wanna go somewhere else so we can talk?"

  You nodded your head yes then he took your hand and led you to the stairs. He sat on the steps and you joined him.

  "Want some?" he asked, gesturing towards the bottle in his hand.

  At first you wanted to decline but you figured 'why not?'. You took a swig from the bottle, a burning sensation overcame you as it made it's way down.

  "So, you're practically done with the schoolyear, and Hogwarts. Do you think you'll miss it?" You asked.

"Definitely." He looked forward, his eyes lost in thought. "Just feels so strange y'know? To be leaving after spending so much time here. Never coming back, as a student at least."

  He rested his head on your shoulder, you awkwardly shifted your body to adjust to him. You two sat in silence for a moment, taking in the atmosphere around you.

  You jumped in your seat, or step rather, remembering something. "Merlin! I just remembered that you made it on Puddlemere's reserve team! Congrats!"

  A big smile made its way on his face and he thanked you.

  "So, are you excited?"

"Of course I am, gotta be foolish not to be. Never thought I'd be playing professionally- dreamt about it for sure but-" he couldn't find the words to finish his sentence. "Well, enough about me, what about you? What do you plan on doing after Hogwarts?"

  The question took you aback, "no idea," you blurted out.

  The two of you laughed before settling back down into silence. You were unsure of the future but you knew for a fact that you'd miss this: the parties, your friends, the twins, Oliver.

  This time you rested your head on his shoulder. Oliver placed his bottle down on the step below you two. For a moment it was like time just stopped; music played faintly, you were filled with warmth both from the firewhiskey and Oliver's presence. You were pulled back into reality once Oliver placed his hand on yours. His calloused fingertips softly brushed your knuckles. He looked into your eyes, the firewhiskey finally took its toll on both of you. Courage rushed through you like a shot in the arm. You inched closer to each other, lips gently brushing together. You deepened the kiss and placed your hand on his cheek. The feeling of his lips against yours brought an inexplicable feeling to your body. You separated from the kiss. Oliver stayed put, dissapointed that it ended so soon. His eyes met yours, full of disbelief due to what just happened.

  You took his hand and led him back to the party. A slow song began to play as the common room settled down. People plopped down in chairs, sat on the armrests, talking amongst each other. You pulled Oliver into a warm embrace, slowly swaying to the rhythm of the song.

  "I'll miss you," you whispered as your head rested on his chest.