Dreams and nightmares

A/N: I request you all to tell me if you like the chapter this long or would prefer it shorter or even longer?

UNEDITED

2018 December

She scribbled down the formulas of thermodynamics on a notebook. Isothermal and Adiabatic graphs covered one side of white sheet while she continued solving questions related to same on the blank part left.

A small part of her mahogany door was opened helping Violet peek inside and see what her sister was upto.

Karma's glow lamp was turned on making her heart shaped face glimmer in the middle of the onyx night, a white T-shirt dangling on her stature made the girl look like she was drowning in her clothes.

Though the dark circles under her eyes could have suggested that she was getting sick but the small crease between her eyebrows sang the tale of how she enjoyed the sweet pain and the uncomfortable feeling.

It could have been called her sadistic pleasure...Karma loved to work herself to the verge of exhaustion because while the whole country was probably asleep, the girl continued to study till 3am.

The once blue room use to be covered with novels, coffee and candies was littered with paper all around, the red velvety ground mat had the small paper crumbles of the failed mathematical expressions while Karma's glossy golden haired head peaked from behind the chair.

Totally absorbed in the book the said girl forgot that there was a life outside those beautiful calculations for she had discovered something far more interesting and precious to her.

The past year has been dark to her, unnerving even. The only friend or true well-wisher as Karma liked to call it was the younger sister of Atlanta..Destiny with whom she mourned for months after the death of Atlanta and the pain brought them closer.

And still the aurum fawn beauty refused to refer to her as a friend...Karma hated the word with so much passion that it became an overwhelming feeling in her chest, the hatred blossoming into disgust soon.

The word not only brought utmost discomfort to her but also was an insignia that her trust would never be the same.

Mariah her ex-bestfriend had left so many scars that it was too painful to forgive or forget even. After the whole fiasco of Alaric and her, the only person she hoped to find solace in was her bestfriend, her sister for life...her confidant as she believed her to be.

Violet had once warned the delicate beauty regarding the self centered girl but Karma had been too keen to see the good in everybody.

Fool

Nothing but only a fool does that because a smart person would be free from judgements...good or bad.

Don't fantasize.. watch, see, hear and act, use all your senses and embrace the reality.