Pawns and Queen

"Cassius" The man looked up from his place situated in a corner in a completely white room filled with blinding lights irritating him to the core. His hands were cuffed together while he sat on a wooden chair which was uncomfortable to say the least.

"Karma" The woman made her way towards him, dragging another chair to sit. Cassius did not wanted to admit but the spark of hope in his eyes that the girl came to award him freedom could not be hidden.

"How's the prison treating you Mr Lockwood?" Cassius remained quite, choosing to not answer her at her nonchalant attitude as she opened a black file infront of him humming as she saw something she liked.

"Looking at you I can decipher that we aren't providing you our humble services well." She took a look over at his sleepless form that was kept awake despite how many times his eyelids drooped, it was a way of torture, simple yet excruciating, it has been three days since he had taken a nap.

"Are you here to threaten me?" the man gritted his teeth not knowing that somebody was watching their conversations from outside the room through a one way mirror smiling.

"Quite the opposite Mr Cassius, Alaric runs the drug regions and the brothels that you are arrested for, why don't you admit the truth?" She tilted her head observing him carefully as an eerie feeling bloomed in his chest.

"He will kill me." Karma wasn't even surprised at the confession.

"I will save you, provide you with temporary freedom for now before completely removing your charges, also your protection after freeing you will be my responsibility ,in return you just have to answer some questions of mine and ofcourse there is something more that I ask for.

The man contemplated whether to say yes and save his life or to defy her and do as Alaric said. He looked into the dark blue irises of the woman way too cold to be this considerate and found himself asking.

"Where is Violet? What will you get out of this, what is your profit?"

If Cassius had his brain working at the full capacity he could have seen the loopholes, how come a drug mafia whose name had the proved allegation of brutally attacking the police officers and injuring them, the one which provoked so many high bureaucrats by provoking them, how could he be provided freedom.

It was just a trap, a child's play that he was getting entangled into.

The case was too highlighted and mingled with lives of so many that nobody could give him liberation, even if he was sentenced to imprisonment for entire life, it would be less.

"Violet is preparing your bail papers and I would salute you for understanding that this works in both ways, I am a businesswoman Mr Lockwood, I would not do something if it does not gives me an advantage, all I want is your property with a relaxation of one million dollars."

"Steam came of out Cassius' ears as he got red in face going to deny before Karma interrupted.

"Have a look at this." She kept the file infront of him and his heart almost stopped beating.

"I hope you recognize the insignia, it cannot be forged. There are various lawsuits against you and the amount piling up against you will make you bankrupt sooner than you breathe, its your choice either give it to them or give it to me and I will give you one million dollars in return.

Cassius felt a migraine taking over at him feeling defeated.

"If you promise me my freedom and provide me security, I will give you my property but Violet has to check those papers before I sign them."

"Good, now Mr Cassius, let me ask you some questions.

How many women has your son slept with who were not of age? in other words how many of them had he ruined?" The man was taken aback with how eaisely she said it despite it being the darkest nature of his son."

Alistair was noting down the entire conversation to be presented in the court with a man beside him who recorded the confessions. The beast had the need to strangle the man sitting inside the room trying to appear intimidating to his precious baby.

"I don't know."

"You did not denied that he did had sex with a minor, does that mean its true? All the charges on him were true, the police force and the officials giving him a clean chit were liars." Cassius breathed shakily as Karma rose a brow at him. He kept quite for a while.

If those people were caught they would be in the grasp of the government before he could be harmed.

"Yes, all of them were true, all of the charges were right, we bribed the officers to give him a clean chit." a slow smile danced on the face of the beautiful maiden as she continued.

"Has your son ever committed a murder?" Cassius breathed sharply seemed to be struck by lightning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As the case is unfolding layer by layer Karl, we can now see in a clip that Mr Cassius admitted of having saved his son from heinous crimes, the years old case file where a high school student Atlanta Myrina was said to have committed suicide by jumping into a lake under mysterious conditions is now believed to be killed in cold blood by Alaric Lockwood.

The case has been opened again and is soon going to be invested.

He is believed to be involved in various assault cases filed by-"

a loud crash resonated throughout the mansion as Alaric clutched his hair, roaring in rage.

"IMPOSSIBLE!" not a single sound was heard as he paced back and forth angrily. His hands fumbled with his phone as he dialed his secretary.

"Alaric'

"Violet? Violet i want you to monitor the situation, i don't understand, t-these are false allegations against me, do something-"

"Listen to me Alaric, take a deep breath, calm down i know you. But the situation is getting worse by each passing second. You have to get underground, just go somewhere and hide for now till the time I collect evidences on our side."

"I will collect some cash and go."

"Stay safe Alaric, I will help you out of this mess."

"I trust you." Violet grinned on the other side, hanging up as Alaric gritted his teeth agreeing to run away like a coward, he was going to kill Cassius as soon as he could get his hands on him.

She dialed Karma who seemed to be having the time of her life.

"All his properties, every single penny he had is now yours Sister, I have processed all the documents and you will have their possession by today at latest.

The bastard has ran away Karma.....I will text you his location."