PAIN

What?" He asked to confirm, hoped that he heard her wrong.

"You heard me, you and I are nothing."

It was an angry hurricane when Nixon told Alistair that Karma belonged to him but the second those words left her tongue Karma saw so much hurt in Alistair's eyes and her own soul shattered.

His lips parted in extreme pain looking at her as if she had taken his heart out brutally.

It was the same look she had seen thousand times.....it was the same pain that made her broke down every single day infront of the mirror trying to tell herself not to cry.

Has she done it a bit too much?

She looked at him, his beautiful irises screaming out to her full of betrayal....will it make everything better?

It hurt her. Crushed her to see him yearning and calling out to her without uttering a word.

Anguish was burning in those eyes which refused to meet her now as he sucked in a breath staggering back and when he took a step back Karma found herself taking one ahead to miraculously hold on to him but he did not gave her the chance as he turned going out.

She remained frozen there for a moment , her eyes fixed at the place he was standing earlier.

"Hey-" Nixon called out to her feeling guilty after watching how Alistair left.

"I.....I can't"

She could not listen to another word as her feet carried her out on her own, Nixon did not stopped the woman as she almost ran out her hair like soft silk fluttering behind her.

-----------------------------------------------

"Alistair"

"ALISTAIR!"

The woman called out sprinting to catch him when he stepped into his car. This was the first time that Karma felt no pleasure in conspiring.

The car was starting to move when Karma stood infront of it making it to halt abruptly.

"Listen to me for once, please." She pleaded to him as a soft droplet of tear trailed down her cheek.

Alistair did not looked up at her neither made a moment to come out.

"Alistair whatever I said before was not true, Nixon and I were deceived-"

The sky roared as thunder boomed as a sonic blast across the omnipotent sky, lightning flashed making her voice die down but whatever Alistair heard made him step out as if someone had provoked him beyond comprehension.

"If this was your plan then go ahead execute it completely, you wanted revenge? why stopping now huh? you are so heartless Karma."

She looked up at his red eyes with her own tear filled ones, her throat clogged with emotions as he held her shoulders roughly shaking her.

"Did you feel good now? victorious like you are used to? do you feel happy after crushing my soul?

TELL ME!" Another lightning tore the sky into white flashes of dark cotton scattered admist of chaos, filled with wrath dripping down the sky.

Karma clutched the front of his shirt clinging onto him. sobs after sobs breaking free from her throat. She felt heavy guilt weighing down upon herself.

"I don't!" she glared up at him with her hot tears mixing with gentle rain pouring down.

" I feel sad and helpless like I have destroyed my own world! It's your fault everything is your fucking fault. Before you came into my life if was so simple, I had done terrible things and never felt an ounce of guilt.

Why you have to be like this? Why make me feel terrible, why do it hurts so much hurting you?" her arms clutched his waist holding tightly but he did not hugged her back.

"I-I told Nixon that first time we met that him and I were nothing, that I liked you, only you. I threatened him, but when he suggested all this I don't know why I agreed. Its my fault, everything is my fault, I am so sorry."

She looked at him standing silently drenched in rain, hair disheveled, her palms clutched his face in between thumb moving the hair away from his shining eyes.

"I am so so sorry but I swear I was-"

"I need sometime to think." he stepped out from her hold, prying her arms away from his waist.

Karma stood in the heavy rain as Alistair drove away from the office, her lips trembling....she has ruined everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alistair was laying down his royal blue bed the grey walls reflecting his mood as the raid drizzled down more and more with each passing second.

Small yellow artificial lights dangling from the ceiling made his face glow as if sprinkled with golden dust.

Although his feelings were tangled in one another, a part feeling relieved another angry and a small part distrustful but he still felt exhausted, mentally drained, fighting with Karma was like signing a contract of loss, because even if you win the argument it felt more or less a failure.

"129 miscalls and 367 messages pending sir".

He shut his eyes sighing as the robotic voice informed him of the calls he left unattended,the cell phone ringing for the umpteenth time made him pick it up without seeing the caller id this time.

"Do not cut the call."

Alistair was going to hang us as soon as he heard the voice of his traitorous brother but did not because it was not only him who had gone behind his back....Alistair had done the same too but instead of saying anything he chose to remain silent.

"I hate you so much right now, the woman I had prayed for every single day she did not even looked at me properly when we first met."

maybe it was not meant to make Alistair but he found his frown smoothening a little.

"She told me that while we were fake dating, if I tried to be smart she will bury me six feet under the earth were even my bones cannot be found.

Do you know what the fuck that means, she gave me a warning that if I came between you too or tried to create a misunderstanding, she would not let me live."