Chapter 5

"Like I said to your children earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

I was sitting in a chair in between Five and Klaus. I had my legs and arms crossed, staring intently at the man sitting across from me.

"Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name!" Five snapped.

"Well, that's not my problem. Sorry. Now, there's nothing more that I can do, so-,"

"And what about my consent?" Klaus asked, interrupting the man.

"Excuse me?" the doctor asked.

"Who gave you permission, to lay your hands... on my children?" Klaus asked, almost letting out a fake sob.

"What?" all three of us asked, confused.

"You heard me," Klaus said, angrily staring at the doctor.

"I didn't touch your children-,"

"Oh really? then how did my son get that fat lip, huh? and how did my beautiful daughters face get a black eye?" Klaus ranted.

I looked over at Klaus, confused.

"Neither of them hav-,"

Out of nowhere Klaus stands up and mutters an apology before striking me in the eye. He then leaned over me and sent a punch to Fives lip causing Five to cry out in pain.

"What the hell Klaus?!" I cried, holding my newly bruised eye.

"I want it. Name, please. Now." Klaus said slowly, putting his hands on the desk.

The doctor looked at Klaus with terror in his eyes.

"You're crazy," the doctor said shakily.

Klaus let out a small chuckle and bobbed his head back.

"You got no idea," he smirked.

Klaus then picked up a snow globe up of the desk and admired it slightly.

"Peace on Earth. That's so sweet," he said before smashing it over his head. "God, that hurt!"

"I'm calling securi-,"

The doctor had reached for the phone but Klaus grabbed it quickly.

"What are you doing?!" the doctor yelled.

Klaus put his face to the phone and started sobbing intensely. I have to say, It was quite convincing.

"There's been an assault... In Mr. Bigs office, and we need security, now. Schnell!" Klaus yelled before slamming the phone back down. "Now here's what's going to happen, Grant-,"

"It's... Lance," the doctor said in a small voice.

"In about 60 seconds two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder, 'What the hell happened?' and we're gonna tell them that you... beat the shit out of us," Klaus said before dramatically sobbing. "You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. Little piece of chicken like you? Oh you'll get pass- well, you'll do great, that's all I'm saying,"

Klaus let out a loud laugh and the doctor looked at him in fear.

"Jesus, you are a real sick bastard," Lance said fearfully.

"Thank you," Klaus said before spitting a shard of glass out of his mouth.

~

Five and Klaus stood next to Lance as he dug through the filing cabinet that I was sitting on. Lance picked up a file and his brow furrowed.

"Oh, that's strange," he said.

"What?" I demanded.

"Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased yet," Lance said quietly.

"What? What do you mean?" Klaus asked, looking at Five in confusion.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number... This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?" Lance asked accusingly.

Five sighed and pulled me down from the filing cabinet. He dragged me along the hallway and out to the front of the building.

"Well, this is not good," he sighed.

"I was pretty good though, right? 'Yeah what about my consent, bitch?'" Klaus laughed, having just excited the building himself.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter," Five snapped, turning around to look at him.

Klaus gave Five a look.

"What? What's the big deal with eye, anyway?" he asked.

"There's someone out there that's going to lose and eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on Earth as we know it," Five spat at Klaus.

Klaus pursed his lips and nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks now, or what?" he asked Five.

"Your 20 bucks?" Five asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, my 20 bucks," Klaus replied like it was obvious.

"We're talking about the end of the world here, and all you can think about is getting high?!" Five asked angrily.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a-rumblin'," Klaus responded, rubbing his belly.

I smiled slightly at how angry Five was getting at Klaus.

"You're useless, You're all useless!" he yelled.

"What the hell did I do?" I asked, throwing up my arms.

"Not you, Keely," Five responded.

"You need to lighten up, old man," Klaus said.

Five took a seat on the steps beside me and put his head in his hands.

"You know, I've just now realized why you're always so grouchy! You must be horny as hell!" Klaus exclaimed. "All those years with just the two of you... Unless,"

Klaus gasped and looked between the two of us in realization.

"Klaus! ew no, " I said, crinkling my nose.

Klaus rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"Oh yea right! There's no way you two went what like , 50 years without sex?!" Klaus pried on.

In the middle of Klaus's sentence, Five disappeared. I saw him reappear in a taxi on the street ahead.

"Oh, I'll shut up about you two! What about my 20 bucks?!" Klaus yelled.

Klaus groaned and plopped down on the steps beside me. He looked over at me thoughtfully.

"So you guys never-,"

"Klaus. I swear to god-,"

"Okay, okay... but what did you guys do?" Klaus asked.

"Klaus, I don't see how that's any of your business,"