Chapter 14

Allison sat in the back of Diego's car with Five and Diego in the front. We were parked outside of the police station, trying to come up with a plan.

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record," Diego stated. "We just gotta get our hands on this file,"

Allison shook her head slightly, looking over at Diego.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" she asked skeptically.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis," Diego replied. "I've spent a lot of time inside,"

Allison looked away from the man and straight ahead.

"Handcuffed," she corrected.

"Whatever. Here's the plan-," Diego started.

"Plan?" Five asked. "I'm just gonna blink in and get the file,"

"No, that's not..." Diego shook his head slightly. "You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

"We literally just did this yesterday," I added, looking from Five to Diego.

Diego tilted his head in confusion.

"What?"

Five shook his head.

"Our yesterday, not your yesterday," he corrected. "It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

Diego looked away from his brother and shook his head again.

"Listen to me. You are not going in there," he protested. "I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads,"

I rolled my eyes and leaned up behind Diego's seat.

"Diego, I could literally make the file float out to this car right now," I informed.

"Oh, yeah. That won't look suspicious at all," Allison dictated, rolling her eyes.

"No, no, no. It's not happening," Diego snapped, getting out of the car.

~

Five and I stood outside of the building, leaning against the brick wall. Allison was standing a few feet away from us, trying to get Vanya to answer her calls.

She hung up the phone at the same time Diego rounded the corner with a file in hand.

"So?" I asked, reaching for the file.

Diego moved it away from my hand and smirked.

"You're welcome," he said with a smug look on his face.

Allison snatched the folder from over his shoulder and began flipping through the pages. She stopped on a page and her face dropped.

"Holy shit," she mumbled.

"What?" I asked moving over to look at the folder.

I caught sight of the man in the folder and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who's that?" I questioned.

"Leonard Peabody... Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody," Allison exclaimed.

"Leonard... Isn't that Vanya's boyfriend?" I asked in concern.

"Yup. That's him," Diego answered, shaking his head.

~

After driving throughout the city for about 20 minutes, we pulled up to a large house that I didn't recognize.

"Is this..?"

"His house," Allison cut me off, getting out of the car.

Five, Diego, and I followed Allison up to the front door.