Chapter 22

I tapped my bowling-shoe clad feet on the ground, waiting not-so-patiently for Luther and Allison to come back.

When they did, Luther looked around at the group and noticed Fives absence.

"Where's Five?" he questioned.

"He had something to take care of," I answered.

Luther threw his arms up in frustration.

"Oh, for the love of-," he muttered. "Where'd he go?"

"It doesn't matter," I insisted.

Luther scoffed and shook his head at me.

"Doesn't matter? Of course it mat-,"

"No it doesn't, Luther! He'll be back, all right?" I snapped, crossing my legs and leaning back in my seat.

Luther opened his mouth to speak before closing it and shaking his head.

"Well, we're not waiting around for him. The concert starts in 30 minutes," he decided.

"All right, so what's the plan?" Diego asked, looking at Luther expectantly.

"Well, I think that, uh- We got to the Icarus Theater," Luther stammered, looking around at us.

"That's a place. Not a plan," I informed the man.

Diego raised his eyebrows at Luther, expecting him to say something. 

He didn't.

"What? Is that all you got?" he asked in disbelief. "Look, you wanna be Number One, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page,"

Luther looked at Diego a second before nodding his head.

"You're right. We need a plan," he agreed slowly.

The door jingled again and it caught my attention. I looked towards the noise and my eyes widened. A large group of men with gas masks on were pointing large guns straight at us.

"Guys-," 

I couldn't finish my warning due to the bullets that were fired in our direction. Klaus jumped at me and tackled me to the ground and out of the way of the oncoming bullets.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Diego yelled of the chaos.

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!" Klaus called, covering his ears with the palms of his hands.

The gunshots continued and one of the bullets whizzed past the counter we were hiding behind and knocked off one of the bowling balls.

"No, I think they're here for us!" Luther replied.

Diego stood up and threw a knife at the group of men. He allowed it to curve the exact direction he wanted. The knife wedged itself into one of the soldiers chests and he fell back due to the impact. He landed on a button of some kind, causing the whole building to go blue.

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y, hey!

Music started blasting from the speakers in the bowling alley and I stood up, trying not to get shot in the process.

I raised my hands and a blue haze emitted from them. I pushed the bullets that were recently coming towards us up and into the roof. Dust fell from the roof and onto us, warning that the roof may cave in if we're not careful.

I crouched back down behind the counter and glanced at everybody else. Luther had stood up and had started throwing bowling ball after bowling bowl at the men. Klaus, however, grabbed Kenny's birthday cake from off the counter and launched it. It smoked one of the soldiers straight in the head, knocking him down. Diego was emptying his pockets by throwing knifes at the men.

I stood up again and raised one of my hands. One of the men was lifted up and thrown into one of the walls. He slid down it and lay on the ground motionless.

Everyone ducked down again and Klaus peeked out, trying to get a visual.

"They're blocking the exit!" he yelled.

"So, what's the plan now, Luther?" Diego yelled.

Allison poked me harshly and widened her eyes, pointing at the lanes. Luther took note to this and nodded quickly.

"The lanes! Let's go!" he ordered.

I didn't hesitate while getting to my feet and sprinting towards the lanes. My foot hit the surface and I almost toppled over on the oily floor. I slid almost all the way to the end before diving at the pins and emerging in the room behind.

I scrambled to my feet and ran towards Klaus and Allison who were running out of the exit at the end of the room.

~

The five of us raced into the theater and into a room that was right beside the main auditorium. Allison stopped Luther and held up her notepad.

I NEED TO GO IN ALONE

"Allison, I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning," Luther pleaded.

"You hear the music? It's started," Diego told us loudly.

He was right. I could hear it as well.

"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?" Luther asked, looking at Allison.

"We don't have time for this!" I cried.

Luther sighed and closed his eyes for a second.

"Okay," he agreed.

Allison stood there for a second, silently thanking Luther before turning and jogging up the stairs and into the theater.

"You're using her as a distraction, aren't you?" Diego predicted.

"She's our best chance to incapacitate Vanya," Luther confirmed quietly. "She'll thank us later," 

Luther and Diego looked at each other before walking towards the stairs.

"So, what's the plan?" Klaus asked, scrambling after them.

"Uh, you wait out front," Luther told Klaus.

"What?" Klaus asked, stopping.

"Yeah, you're the lookout. Keely, come with us," Luther answered.

"The lookout?" Klaus asked in disbelief.

"Sorry Klaus," I apologized as I struggled to keep up with Luther and Diego.

Diego and I followed Luther around the side of the large room where we walked up the stairs of the stage. We emerged behind the stage and Luther made his way to the other side. Diego and I stood on the one side while Luther stood on the other. Allison stood in front of Vanya and she smiled. I glanced at Luther and he nodded.

"Now," I whispered to Diego.

The three of us ran onto the stage but before we could reach Vanya she stood up and waved her rod. A burst of energy was thrown from her and it tossed Luther, Diego and I across the theather like we were weightless.

I landed hard in one of the back rows and looked up at Vanya with wide eyes.

"Holy shit,"