Chapter 20

I closed my eyes for a minute but wasn't able to fall asleep to do the explosions that soon sounded.

My eyes snapped open and I stood up from my bed. I  ran to my door as fast as I could while the building was shaking. I walked out into the hallway and saw everybody racing out of the other rooms.

"What the hell is happening?" I yelled over the sounds of explosions.

Klaus raced up beside me and looked around.

"Are those explosions coming f-,"

"Vanya," Luther confirmed.

"We need to get to safety outside of the Academy," Pogo ordered.

Klaus, Diego, and I looked at Luther before turning and running down the hallway.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther yelled after Diego, Klaus, and I.

"Got it!" I yelled as I ran.

I sprinted behind Diego and Klaus as they raced up the stairs and towards Graces spot.

"Mom!" Diego exclaimed as we rounded the corner.

"Where is she?" I asked loudly as more debris fell from the roof.

Klaus shook his head frantically before turning and running across the bridge and to the other side of the house. The three of us continually yelled for Grace but to no avail. She was nowhere to be found.

In one unlucky spot, the roof became so weak that a pile of debris fell upon us, knocking us to the ground.

I felt my head, there was a goose bump already. I groaned slightly and turned over onto my back. My head swam with dizziness as I looked up at the roof. It was about to collapse.

I pushed my hands out in front of me and the large blocks that were recently were about to fall stopped moving. Blue power was shot out of my hands as I pushed myself to my limit. It was unbearable. It felt as though I was holding a building upon my shoulder. Which I probably was.

I yelled out in pain and my arms fell back to my sides. I felt a hand grab ahold of my arm and pull me away from the danger zone. I looked back to where we had just been laying and saw that a giant piece of the roof had landed there mere seconds after.

"Holy shit," I gasped.

"Come on. Come on, come on!" Klaus exclaimed, grabbing onto Diego and I and dragging us away.

"Wait! What about Five? He could still be in here somewhere," I yelled, stopping to look at the destruction that was happening behind us.

"Keely, he's smart enough to get out. Trust me," Diego yelled back, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Hey-!" I exclaimed.

Diego ran with me on his shoulder, Klaus hot on his heels.

We approached a window and Diego put his foot through it, allowing for the three of us to climb out and onto the fire escape.

Klaus got down first and pulled Diego and I down onto the ground and away from the Academy that was now crumbling.

"You guys okay?" Klaus panted, looking back at the Academy.

"Hey, you just saved my life," Diego chuckled, grabbing ahold of Klaus's face.

The two men hugged before pulling me in as well.

I pulled away and looked back to the Academy. There she was. Mom was standing in an upper window, smiling and waving down at the three of us.

"Mom!"