Chapter 5

It had already been a week since Elena had been working for Stefan and getting used to all of her duties as his personal secretary. Neither of them had really talked about the diner and the unusual deep conversation that they had with each other. But, Elena had finally felt like she was slowly moving on from Damon and the whole Carolina drama and she was now following the steps of grieving in order...Today's was anger & bargaining.

So, it was still hard to swallow the sip of coffee that she had in her mouth when she had seen the two of them slobbering all over each other and looking completely dissolved with their clothes swaying every which way as they walked out of the building elevator hand in hand and acknowledged the fact that Elena had seen half of their hot and heavy make out session.

"Elena, nice to see you!" Damon said cheerfully as she watched him drag a very gleeful Caroline behind him.

She politely nodded in his direction without saying a word as she eyed Caroline up and down and noticed that the tag of her overly expensive Micheal Kors light blue colored dress was sticking out from underneath her curly blonde hair.

"Elena! Oh My God. Love your red pumps." Caroline shouted at her.

Yet again, Elena just smiled and gritted her teeth. All the while chanting to herself that she could stand to look at Caroline Forbes without wanting to scratch her pretty blue eyes out of her head.

She huffed out a breath as she watched them snicker and just as they were about to begin making out again, Elena forced herself to say something. "You know what! I am sick of using the elevator and having to watch you two come out of it like two disgustingly overly hormone filled teenagers! Caroline....Why don't you just have sex with Damon in his office...like you used to...behind my back whenever I was at home...sick....with the flu!" Elena confronted her as she watched Caroline's eyes grow big. Elena could tell that it was taking everything in "Miss Perfect's" being to hold it together and not say something just as snarky back.

She heard Damon laugh and then she gave him the 'death glare' right as she opened her mouth and gave him a piece of her mind too. "Or better yet...Damon...My sweet backstabbing, Damon. Why don't you just take Caroline back to our house that is still under my name! And swing her over your shoulder like the caveman that you are and have your way with her in OUR bed...like you used too!" Elena said with a huff as she turned on her heels and gazed back at a mortified Damon and Caroline staring back at her.

She casually brushed past them and directly into the elevator that they had just came out of and right when it was about to shut its doors, she spoke to them directly. "Now, you backstabbers, Have a wonderful day!" She said sarcastically with a smirk on her face as the doors shut and she let out a heavy exhaled breath.

When she finally had made it back up to her desk and sunk down into her black office chair. She let out a loud and exasperated breath. "Ugh..The nerve of that jackass!" Elena mumbled to herself as she flipped on her computer screen and started to work on a few things that Stefan needed to get done before his court appearance for a woman who was suing her ex-husband for custody of their four month old little girl.

She was already half way into reading about the case and organizing the paperwork that she knew he would need when she heard a loud noise come from his office. Elena slowly got up and straightened out her pink lacey blouse before she made her way towards his office. But just as Elena was about to knock, she heard an unfamiliar voice of a woman with a British accent and then a flash of blonde hair crossed her point of view. She had a bad feeling about it and didn't want to bother him, so she retreated back towards her desk and continued to listen to what sounded like destruction going on, as she sorted through some more paperwork.