Chapter 8

Elena grabbed at his shirt as she felt Stefan's hand linger on her hips and then she could feel his warm touch travel up her olive colored thigh that was clearly exposed. "What are you doing?" She asked him in between giggles as she left a moist kiss on the side of his jaw.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He said as he gave her smile and then kissed her cheek. Just as Elena was about to protest, she felt his warm hands leave her body and she lifted up her head from the crook of his neck in total confusion.

She blinked and cleared her eyes from the hazy moment that they had just got caught up in. "Come with me." He told her as he extended his hand towards her and gave her a heartfelt smile.

Elena took his hand into hers as he lifted her up from the couch."Where are we going?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, you'll see." He said as he opened the back door to his porch and intertwined their fingers as they stepped out into the cool night breeze. Elena let go of his hand as Stefan leaned into her and kissed her cheek. "Close your eyes." He whispered against her ear. She did as he said and then she felt him grab her shoulders as he gently pulled her to where he wanted her to be.

"Now, give me a few minutes and wait here." Stefan said as he watched a small smile creep onto her lips. Elena wanted to ask him what the hell he was doing. But then she heard it, the faint sound of Joshua Radin....the one song that she had always told herself that if she ever got married that she would have at her wedding. As she waited for him, she heard the faint sound of his voice singing along to the song that sent chills down her spine.

When I see you it's a beautiful world... But when you're gone, I want you in my arms.. I'm telling you the last time ....Baby you, you got what I need Baby you, you got my sunshine...It's a simplest thing, Always so hard to see.. I want to be The one and only making you feel love.. Oh darling I need love It's all I can dream of....

She giggled as she heard the sound continue to play and then she heard Stefan's faint voice tell her that she could open her eyes. Just when she did, she gasped. The back porch was all lit up with white holiday lights and there was a small patio that he had cleared out and made into a big enough dance floor; just for the two of them. There were pink lilies that covered the sides of the makeshift dance floor and Elena smiled even wider, they were her favorite flowers.

"When did you-?" She began to ask as she watched Stefan appear from behind her and wrap his arms around her tightly. "This is my way of saying Thank you for helping me." He said in a broken voice as he turned her around in his arms, so that she was facing him.

"Helping you with what?" She asked curiously.

"Before, I met you. I was a mess. Your making me realized that it's okay to move on...that it's okay to fall in love again." He told her with a grin on his face.

Elena reached up and touched his face with her fingertips as she gazed into his eyes and could see something that she hadn't seen these past few days when she had look over at him, happiness.

Stefan cleared his throat as he grabbed her hand into his once again and helped her down the stairs towards the small dance floor. "Damon told me that you love to dance..And, since we didn't have any music earlier...I figured that this is my way of making up for it." He commented as she smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her chin into his shoulder. Elena inhaled deeply and then she felt Stefan wrap his arms around her tightly as they sway back and forth to her favorite lyrics. Baby you; you got what I need... Baby you, you got my sunshine....

XXXX

She wasn't sure how long they had been dancing on the porch. Her, in her bare feet and him in his socks. Until Stefan exhaled deeply and she knew that it was probably getting too late.