Chapter 15

He had woken up in a daze, his head pounding from the large consumption of alcohol, but somehow the pain diminished slightly when he turned into Elena's warm and sleeping body that lay next to him. "Good Morning" She whispered softly as she watched him turn towards her with hazy eyes.

"I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have been so reckless. so, damn drunk. But-." Stefan began to explain as Elena placed her finger onto his lips, stopping instantly as she replaced her finger with her lips, kissing him hungrily as Stefan groaned from her body weight that was now crashing towards him.

"Enough. About. Rebekah." Elena said with a laugh as she felt Stefan's hands on her hips. He was now laying underneath her. Watching her as a smile played on her pink lips and a giggled escaped from her throat. Elena pushed her hair back to one side as she leaned into Stefan and kissed his lips softly, feeling his hands caress her cheeks lightly as she smiled against the warmth of his touch.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He asked, his voice raw with emotion and exhaustion as he heard her laugh once again. "I have no idea. But, I do know one thing, Don't worry about your ex. Stay here and enjoy your day off. I'll tell Damon to postpone your meetings for the day and that you're not feeling well." She tried to explain as Stefan left a kiss on her bare arms, stopping his trail of kisses when he heard her plans.

"Hmm...You want me to play hooky...without you?" He asked with a scoff.

Elena smiled at how cute he looked when he was acting as if he was pissed. Playfully she ran her hands through his messy dark brown hair and then she leaned back into him, kissing his lips again. Before she got off of her spot on his bare chest. "That's exactly what I want you to do...and don't worry babe...We'll make up for it, I can promise you that much." She told him with a wink as she got off the bed and walked into his master bathroom.

"Oh, You will for sure!" Stefan said as he hopped off the bed and ran after her, pinching her sides as Elena's laughter filled the room and he eagerly closed the bathroom door behind them.

XXXX

"Where the hell have you been? And, where's Stefan?" Damon nearly shouted at her as she walked into the offices of Wilmington & Collins. Elena and Damon had been on okay terms for a few weeks now. He had apologized for all his wrong doings. Yet, she still made it crystal clear to him that she wasn't going to trust him any longer.

"He's sick." Elena told him in a serious tone as she swallowed the lump in her throat, she hated lying. But, if it gave Stefan a few hours of the peace and quiet that she knew he needed, then she was fine with that.

"He's sick? I talked to him yesterday and he was stressed, Elena...not sick. This doesn't have anything to do with Rebekah..does it?" He asked her, curiosity hitting every word as he pushed the red stop button on the elevator and looked her directly in the eyes, like he was searching for any signs of her lying to him.

"Do you have the keys to Stefan's office?" She asked, titling her head to the side as she out stretched her arms, waiting for the keys that she knew Damon had.

"Yes...Wait a minute. Elena if you're planning on looking in his office for incriminating evidence against Rebekah, you can forget it..I've already looked and came up empty handed." Damon warned as he watched Elena shake her head.

"No, Damon. I'm not looking for incriminating evidence against her, I've already got that. I want you to call Rebekah and tell her that Stefan forgot to give her one more thing..." Elena instructed as she pressed the stop button and they both felt the elevator move again.

" How? Whatever your planning against her..I want in." Damon told her sternly.

Elena shrugged and watched as the elevator doors opened, leading her to the busy hallways of the fifth floor. She turned her back towards Damon quickly and then when she heard his comment, a devilish smile crept upon her lips and she smirked. "No, Damon. I'm in this alone...Let's just say that payback is a bitch and she's about to get the worst kind." Elena commented as she turned her back towards him and she heard him groan, but right before the doors closed on him, she reminded him once again. "Call her, Damon. It's the least you could do after all the shit you pulled..Help me."