Chapter 19

Two years later...

She had her eyes blindfolded as Stefan stood behind with what she knew was a huge grin on his face. "Can, I please take this damn thing off?" Elena whined as she felt Stefan's hands grip against her waist and she leaned into him.

"No. Just a few more minutes." He said as he left a quick kiss on her cheek and she heard him disappear into the other room.

"What's going on?" She asked with a giggle in her tone. Elena had walked through the door of their new home that they had lived in together for more than two years now and was instantly greeted with a very secretive Stefan. He had grabbed her hand and had her standing in the middle of the living room with a black blindfold around her eyes.

She felt him grab her warm hand into his and then he cleared his throat. "You can take the blind fold off now and open your eyes." He told her with a smile as he helped her take it off her eyes.

Elena gasped when she looked around the room. She hadn't noticed it at all until she had taken off the blind fold, but Stefan had the whole living room decorated with letters across the walls. He slowly turned her towards the beginning of what looked like a scattered puzzle with pink pieces of paper and black lettering. He smiled widely when he leaned against her ear and whispered into it. "So, Look around and let me know what it says...I'm having a hard time figuring out this puzzle of letters." He told her.

Elena smiled as she read them all one by one, slowly piecing together the words as she went along, turning on her heels to face him. Her face was stunned and her eyes filled with tears when Stefan got down on one knee and smiled at her. "So, babe. Did you figure it out?" He smiled as he took her hand gently into his own.

Elena nodded as she took her other hand and wiped away her falling tears. "It says Elena, will you marry me?" She choked out as Stefan grinned at her, holding her hand a bit tighter as she smiled at him and locked her eyes on his.

"So, the question stands..Elena Gilbert. You're the most beautiful person that I've ever met and I would love it if you would do me the honor of accepting my proposal. You're my best friend and I don't want to spend the rest of my life without you. Marry me, make me the happiest man alive." He said as he too wiped at a stray tear in his eyes.

"Yes!" She shrieked as she bent down and wrapped her arms around him. "I love you! I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life being with my best friend, my soul mate!" She told him against his ear as she leaned away from him and kissed his cheeks, leaving quick kisses against his face as Stefan closed his eyes, tightening his grip around her waist and pulling her in for a kiss.

She broke the kiss with a huge smile on her face, clearing her throat as she nodded at him. "I thought you were working late today? Who helped you with all of this stuff?" She asked curiously as she noticed the small touches that were clearly all the little things that she loved.

Stefan pulled them both up off the floor as he intertwined their hands together and rubbed the silver diamond ring that was now perfectly set on Elena's hand." Well, that's another surprise. Come with me." Stefan told her as he lead them out to the deck that was filled with two tables that had flowers, candles and a huge banner on the tables that read "Congratulations On Your Engagement!"

"Surprise!" They all shouted as Stefan removed his hands from Elena's eyes and she instantly started to tear up again as she looked around and saw all the familiar faces of her friends and family. Damon, Caroline, Bonnie and Jeremy all stood behind the tables and made their way towards the beaming couple at they congratulated them.

"When did you all plan this?" Elena asked as she hugged Bonnie and then moved over to Jeremy. She watched from the corner of her eye as Stefan gave Damon a hug, then moved over to Caroline.

Damon laughed as he held Caroline's hand tightly and then smiled at Elena. "Well, we all pitched in to make this happen. I guess you can say that it's a please except our apology for all the crap we did to the both of you." Damon said with a grin as he watched Elena walk over to him and hug him. "Damon, Caroline. You both can stop apologizing and to be honest, I forgive you guys. It's all in the past because if it hadn't been for you. Who knows if Stefan and I would have ever met and let alone be engaged right now." She explained as she grabbed a glass that was full of wine and smiled at everyone who stood before her.

Elena watched as they all too followed her movements. She cleared her throat as tears began to stream down her face and then she spoke in a choked up tone. "I just wanted to make a quick speech and tell you all how happy I am to have you guys in my life. I know that we've had our fair share of arguments and disagreements in the past. But, I'm also happy that we've been able to overcome it all and become a stronger group of family. I consider you all my family and I can't wait to make another announcement of my own." Elena smiled with a grin.

They all watched in shock as Elena flipped over her wine glass and watched the contents of it all spill out onto the grass that was beneath her feet. "I guess, I've kept you all on your toes for long enough. Stefan, Caroline, Damon." Elena paused as she went back to standing next to Stefan, holding his hand as he looked over at her in total confusion.

"And last but not least, Bonnie and Jeremy. I've been keeping this from all of you for a while now. But, I guess it's time to spill and finally tell you guys." Elena tried to elaborate as she watched Caroline impatiently squirm with excitement, shouting in her direction "Get on with it already! What's so important that your stopping us from drinking!" She yelled.

"Well, I'm pregnant!" Elena said with a smirk as she watched all their faces nearly fall to the floor and when she looked over at Stefan, he looked as if he was going to pass out.

"Are you sure?" He whispered softly as he leaned into her. Elena nodded as she smiled at everyone and then said. "Yes, I took three pregnancy tests this morning and all three of them said the same thing, it's positive." She informed them all as she watched cheers and screams erupt into her small group of friends.

"Well, this is going to be one hell of a story to tell!" Damon told them as they all laughed and looked over at Elena who was glowing from excitement.

"I can't wait to have you all in his or her life. You guys are going to be a huge part of this, just to let you know. Plus, who else is going to babysit?" She said with a smile, looking over at all her loved ones. She was thankful for them all and the moment that they had finally gotten too, one of understanding and having each other to lean on for better and for worse.

-The End-