Chapter 10

"I'm scared...What the hell! I am not scared." Elena told herself as she walked out of his office and towards the ladies room. She was too flustered to leave yet and first, she needed to cool down before she left the law firm and blew up at someone else. But, just as she turned the corner to enter the bathrooms, she bumped into a brunette with a black leather jacket and tight skinny jeans on. Elena took a double take at the young woman that she had bumped into and took in her curly brown hair with blonde and caramel highlights and her huge brown eyes that looked identical to hers.

"Oh my god. I am such a klutz....Do I know you?" Elena asked in a curious tone as she watched the young woman with her similar features twirl a piece of her curly brown hair in between her slim fingers.

"No. I've never seen you before in my life...Now, would you excuse me and move. I have someplace to be." Katherine replied as Elena watched her walk off and go out of her view, down the hall.

XXXX

Stefan had his back turned towards the door as he took a phone call from Ms. Jennings. She had called him frantic, because the CPS workers had came to take her daughter from her in the middle of the night and had told her that she wouldn't be seeing her until the trial would begin which was set for two weeks.

"Miss Jennings. They can't do that with Lacey. Please, calm down. I will have one of my associates look into it as soon as I can. Listen, until then...do not talk with anyone until I meet with you. Please, everything will be fine." He reassured her.

"I just-." Stefan began to say just as he heard the familiar sound of a pair of women's heels clicking and getting closer towards him. Stefan didn't turn around though, instead he told Ms. Jennings that he had to go and that he would be calling her in the morning to check on things.

But as he heard the tapping of nails on the front of his desk, he forced himself to turn around and when he finally did. He came face to face with those doe-brown eyes and that devious smirk on the woman that he was least expecting to see again.

"Katherine." Stefan stated matter a factly.

Katherine once again twirled her hair between her fingers and then replied with a smirk on her face. "Of course, it's me..expecting someone else?...Did you miss me darling?" She asked in a suggestive tone as she walked over to where Stefan was sitting behind his desk and sat on the opposite edge of it with a smile from ear to ear on her face.

XXXX

Elena didn't know what to think as she stormed out of the law firm and then went straight out to the parking garage to her car. As she walked all she could think about were the words that he had told her that night that she had been at his house. The way his lips met hers in a fiery kiss and the sweet way his hands had held her tight when she had stirred in his arms from over thinking about what she had just done. Yet, she didn't regret it. But, Elena knew that Stefan could never be a "rebound" guy and if she actually wanted to ever be in a proper relationship with him. Then, they would both need to agree to taking it completely slow and totally starting over.

As she hopped into her car and turned the ignition on, her mind screamed at her to go back and apologize. To tell him that she was sorry for her stupid outburst and that it was just Damon's idiotic words that had gotten her all pissed and riled up, like they usually always did. She slammed her hands against the steering wheel in frustration as she turned off the engine of the car and then opened the driver's side door half way to get some air. She needed to think about what she was going to say and how she was going to say it before she went all the way up there and made herself look like a total idiot.

Elena checked her eye makeup and her hair as she huffed out a breath and then stepped out of her car and began walking back towards his office. The elevator ride up the fifth floor was quiet and thankfully empty. Which gave her enough time to rehearse in her head, what she was going to say to Stefan. Once she saw him face to face.

XXXX

Katherine had sprawled out her legs on Stefan's sofa as he gawked at her and then cleared his throat to speak. "I want you to leave, NOW! Because, if you don't go...It won't take very long for me to pick up this phone and dial the cops!" He told in her in a threatening tone as he watched her get up from her seat on the sofa, with a roll of her eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous. You know you want me here..." Katherine purred as she slowly walked over to where he was sitting and brushed her hands against the mahogany colored desk. "You wouldn't dare." She frowned as she got closer and then sat on the left side edge of the desk.

Stefan gave her a stern look as his eyes locked with hers and then he spoke in a warning tone without hesitation. "Do you want to make a bet on that, Katherine? I told Rebekah the same thing that I am going to tell you. Katherine, I have never loved you and I never will! Also, if you don't leave in the next five minutes...you can be sure that I will find you another cute...girly cell mate, in the county jail. Because, that's where you'll be heading if I ever lay my eyes on you again." He spat.

Katherine blinked her long and thick eyelashes at him in confusion and then she slowly got up from the spot on the desk. "Fine...Then. Suit yourself. But, Whenever it is that you get bored with whomever it is that you are pinning over...You'll call me, I can bet on that, Stefan." Katherine told him with a disappointed tone as she grabbed her coat and he watched her swaying her long legs on purpose as she closed the door behind her and left his office.

XXXX

Elena had just about turned the corner to his office when she suddenly crashed into someone. She thankfully caught her balance as she looked up at the young woman and then she gasped when she noticed that it was the same girl from the bathroom incident from earlier in the morning.

"Oh wow you really are a klutz!" She told her.

Elena smiled uncomfortable when she heard the young woman laugh and then she picked herself up off of the ground. "Yeah, I am so sorry." Elena said apologetically.

"Oh, Don't worry about it....But, you do look familiar...Have we met before?" Katherine asked her as she straightened out her white t-shirt and watched as Elena shook her head no.

"Well, I guess it's time I introduce myself. I'm Katherine Peirce, A friend of Stefan Salvatore's." She told Elena as she watched her shake her hand tightly. She could see the confusion clearly in Elena's eyes as she watched Elena look up at her and then back up at the place that she had come out of...Stefan's Office.