Chapter 18

Stefan sat in the parking lot for a long time as he tried to decide if he should just continue with his original plan of getting Katherine where he wanted her. But, with the news quickly spreading that Rebekah had been arrested. He knew that Katherine and his plans were both dashed because she was probably already long gone.

He slammed his fists against the steering wheel in frustration and was about to turn back around to go home, just when his cell phone rang again and he exhaled deeply before answering it.

"Stefan...I'm waiting, impatiently for you. But, if you don't show up soon...then, I'll just move right onto the next boy toy." Katherine told him in a seductive tone as Stefan clenched his jaw and thought hard about a comeback that would sound believable and not make her want to flee.

"Katherine, don't be silly. You don't need to go anywhere. Just stay where you're at and I'll be seeing you soon. I'll make sure to knock on the door, so that you know it's me." Stefan commented as he leaned into the driver's seat of his car, he was pissed that the plan was almost foiled. But, from the looks of things, the game was back on.

XXXX

As much as Stefan hated to drag Elena into this whole mess and he knew that he had even told her that he wasn't going to. There was no denying that he needed her help with the Katherine situation. He exhaled deeply as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration and then his finger tips dialed her number.

"Stefan...Where the hell have you been! I've been worried sick for two hours, thinking that maybe you where God knows where and now you call me...Seriously...you have a lot of-" She stated angrily as she heard him laugh and then she exhaled.

"This is not funny! Do you know how worried I was?" Elena asked in a stunned tone at the fact that he was laughing at her, personally she hated that he was taking the situation so damn lightly.

"Elena, breath for me for just a second. I'm sorry I left the house like that and I'm sorry that we got each other into this whole mess. I love you so much and as much as I know you love to help and that you were protecting me. I don't want you to worry about this." He tried to explain as he heard Elena sigh.

"So, if you didn't need my help, why are you calling then. Just to apologize?" She asked him in a frustrated tone.

"Actually, I take that back, what I said about not needing your help. In fact, I'm on my way home right now, get dressed and I'll explain everything once we're on our way." Stefan told her.

"Wait, where are we going?" Elena asked curiously.

"We are going to capture the remaining con artist and I'm going to need you to be my distraction." Stefan said with a smirk on his face as he heard Elena agree to his plan and then she hung up the phone.

A half hour later, Stefan walked into the house and smiled as he looked over at Elena who was sitting on the couch. "We ready to go?" He asked in a raspy voice as he saw her turn around, locking her eyes with his as a large smile formed onto her lips.

"You have no idea how much I can't wait to get rid of her." Elena said with a smirk, getting up from the couch and grabbing her purse. Stefan laughed as he stretched his hand out towards her and Elena grabbed it.

XXXX

The Riverwood hotel was just like Katherine had said, in downtown that was near their office building. From the outside of the building, it looked as if it had seen its fair share of days. The red bricks of the building were old and worn. But, the parking lot was filled with people because from the looks of it, the place had a bar and grill that was open 24/7.