🔥 Kabanata 38🔥

🔥 Kabanata 38🔥

Author's Note:

Please follow my official page. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/Author-Mimi-Wattpad-Dreame-103429198061751

Devyn:

***

Devyn:

If the commotion was all about someone's entrance—w-would it be him..? Everyone was stepping backward when the door smashed in front of everyone and Lorenzo was there standing. Holding his gun, pointing to this very same woman he just got engaged with earlier—w-what the..

Nanginginig ang babae habang dahan-dahang pumasok sa loob at nakataas ang kamay. Lorenzo's eyes went straight to my direction.

"Dessa!" Galit na sigaw ng lalake ngayon—lahat sila'y nakatoon ang mga baril kay Lorenzo. Did he come here alone!?

"P-Papa..!" His father? By the look of the man's face—hindi nito inakala kung sino ang bitbit ni Lorenzo. He should learned to play his cards when it comes to Lorenzo Romano—and this guy knew how to toss both heart and brain. Gusto kong matuwa but f**k, hinayaan nalang sana niya ako rito!

He could never be my hero again. Not anymore.

Lorenzo:

"Do you want to continue your f***ing game, Mista? Or shall we end it up here, right on your f***ing toes?" Kinasa ko ang baril ko and made sure it was loaded. Five of his men did the same and Mista now was cynic—did he really think I was stupid?

Dessa was his only child—my perfect alas who fell to my trap. I planned this whole through. I was so f***ing fed up with Mista's game and this was exactly the fight I wanted. But certainly Devyn was supposed not to be part of this war! And now she was all tied in the chair—at alam kung galit na galit siya sa'kin.

"Put your guns down!" He commanded his men. They untied Devyn and immediately handed to my side—kahit na obviously ayaw niyang magpahawak sa'kin, I grabbed her arms close to my side.

I withdrawn my gun and let Mista took his daughter on his side. Pero maya-maya'y itinaas nila ulit ang kanilang mga baril pointing at us.

"The fact that you came alone was your biggest mistake, Lorenzo—" As he told me that, red bullets from my snipers in the surrounded building appeared in every part of their bodies.

"Yes, Mista and I don't play fair, too." I smirked before turning my back. One wrong move from them and blasted—I'll let the authorities handle Mista's threat against me. When were finally out the building where Devyn was abducted—dagli niyang hinablot ang braso niya at kumawala sa pagkakahawak ko as Bolton opened the car's door for us.

"I won't come with you." She was hell furious, I knew. Naiintindihan ko kung bakit and how she pushed me away. She turned her back.

"At least, please let Bolton drive you home." Pero hindi ito nakinig—she planned not to. I greeted my teeth when she approached the patrol car, talked to the officer and got inside.

I just watched Devyn leave, again.

She followed me here—I knew. She might thought I just cut off the line between us but my eyes were all spying at her. I knew, pupunta siya ng Spain and back then I organized this fake engagement party for Dessa Mista. The only daughter of Arturo Mista. I dated her for almost a month, told her that I was interested with her to be my wife and grew and business together—not thinking that she's falling under my trap against his stubborn father. Dahil alam ko rin kung paanong sunod ng sunod ang mga tauhan niya kang Devyn just to wedged on me.

For Mista? I couldn't just put a gun to his head—he needed to be ripped off. He hardly noticed my plan in using his daughter against him.

So, that was why.. At hindi ako magkikiming patayin si Dessa if he'd done something bad to Devyn.

***

Devyn:

I zipped my bag and was ready to pulled it out the room and took an early flight back to the Philippines—when a key fell down on the floor out from my pouch. What happened to me today was..frightening but h-he came right where I needed someone again. I picked the key up. The key to the mansion Lorenzo gave me here in Spain.

He just knew how to play his game and toss his women around—he's Lorenzo, the man who just knew how to be in a relationship. Yun lang, no more no less.

"Devyn! Hi, sorry..na late kami ni Gio.." I smiled at the two who were late for fifteen minutes but that's fine. I immediately noticed Arya's baby bump and Giovanni's hand around her waist.

I smiled at the two. Ganun din sila.

"No, it's fine. Mataas ba pila sa OB clinic mo?" She told me they had to a schedule today. We were having a lunch together. They will reveal to me the gender and yes, hindi ko pamigilang hindi ma-excite. And no, wala na akong sakit na nararamdaman against them—they'd my friends and still be.. I was happy now seeing them happy.

"It's a baby girl, Dev. A very healthy baby girl." Giovanni declared suddenly with a quick kiss to Arya's cheeks.

"Congratulations, you two! I am happy.." I stood up and hugged Arya and Giovanni. Mabuti pa nga sila—settled na sa future nila. And they were busy dahil ikakasal na rin sila next week.

It was a fun and lovely lunch afternoon—sa'kin nila unang sinabi ang gender ng baby nila and yeah, I felt honored. Bumalik ako ng trabaho wearing this smile that sir Echo immediately noticed on my face.

"Excited for your three-day off?" I was typing on my laptop when sir Echo suddenly said that.

"Aw, yes sir Echo." I filed a leave to give myself a fresh break. Gusto kong pumunta uli sa La Verna Cliff and climb—and enjoy the nature in letting my heart to be fred again.

"Glad you came back!" Bati sa'kin ng tour guide when finally every guest in La Verna already set for another climb.

"The place is breathtaking, who wouldn't?" Totoo naman. Naghanda na kaming lahat sa pag-akyat sa cliff. I promised myself to keep up unlike the last time I climbed here. I breathed hard sabay tingin sa aakyatin ko.

It was not that difficult unlike the last time. I studied some techniques in climbing that I effectively applied today. Hindi rin ako panghuling nakarating sa tuktok—well, second to the last was not a bad thing..

"Lorenzo Romano...!" Sigaw ko nang makarating ako sa tuktok facing this vast ocean. Like the last time I did when I needed to free someone close to me—now, I needed to let him go too.. "Kakalimutan na kita!" Sabi ko habang ipinikit ang aking mga mata. I wished to see inside but plain black.

I heard everyone cheered for me.

"Devyn Domini...!" W-What? Kaagad kung nilingon kung sinong sumigaw—but how could I not distinguished Lorenzo's voice!? Siya nga.. He was standing and facing the ocean.. W-What is he doing here..? "Devyn, mahal kita! Te amo! I love you.. and I am so sorry..!" Ilang beses kong bang ikinurap ang mga mata ko hearing his words today, right in this moment when I was ready to let go my heart again..