Prologue

The "defeat" of Bill Cipher

3rd POV:

The Fearamid is destroyed and pulled into the rift. Once it's gone, a wave washes over the town, turning everything back to normal.

Mabel rushes over to Grunkle Stan and puts his fez back on his head, "Oh my gosh! Grunkle Stan, you did it!"

"I- I did!" Grunkle Stan said as he smiled and hugged his niece, "We stopped Bill!"

"Wait..." Dipper thought aloud as he started to scratch his chin, "If we shot him with the memory gun, shouldn't all of his memories be gone?"

"You're right Dipper," Ford said as he walked up to Stan and examined him, "the memory gun was supposed to erase his memories with Bill along with them. But he seems perfectly fine!"

"Who cares!" Mabel said, "Bill is gone and Grunkle Stan is fine! Isn't that good news?"

"Mabel's right," Stan said as he pulled his family in for a big hug, "I'm fine and that evil Dorito is finally gone! I think this calls for a celebration!"

Ford tried to let go of Stan's grip, "Stanley let go of me! I need to see something first!"

"Oh Poindexter, stop being so paranoid!" Stan said as he ruffled Ford's hair, "Everything's fine!"

Ford finally escaped Stan's grasp and rushed farther into the forest. He looked around everywhere, but there was no sign of Bill's statue.

"It can't be!" he thought.

He walked out of the forest and met the rest of his family at the Mystery Shack.

"So did you find what you were looking for Great Uncle Ford?" Dipper asked, sitting on the couch outside next to Mabel.

"Sadly, no Dipper." Ford said, "And I'm afraid we're all in danger."

"What's wrong Sixer?" Stan asked as he came out from the shack and opened a can of Pitt Cola.

"I couldn't find Bill anywhere!" Ford said, panicked.

"Well, DUH!" Mabel said rolling her eyes, "We defeated him, so he's gone now."

"Well first of all Mabel, Bill wouldn't be completely gone. A statue of him would've been left here where he was defeated. And secondly: I don't think he was defeated, because I can't find his statue anywhere!"

"WHAT?!" Stan, Dipper, and Mabel yelled at the same time.

"B- but we defeated him!" Dipper protested, "You shot the memory gun and he was erased!"

"Yes Dipper, that's what we thought. But I'm afraid that isn't the case." Ford said shaking his head sadly.

"But how did he escape? Where did he go?" Mabel asked.

"Bill must've realized that he could not win the battle, so he simply just left Stanley's mind. It's not like he couldn't leave it. He turned everything back to normal and went into hiding." Ford explained, "Where he went is a mystery though."

"Well, we have to go find him!" Stan yelled angrily and crushed the can of soda with his bare hand.

"I'm afraid we can't do that Stanley. He could be ANYWHERE and he'll be after us for revenge." Ford said, "We can't waste our time looking for him, we need to find a way to protect ourselves when or if he comes back. I KNOW Bill, and he knows better than to attack us now. It'll take time for him to think of another plan."

"Then let's start rebuilding the shack!" Mabel said with determination as she stood up from the couch.

"Yes Mabel, but first there's something I want you three to promise me."

"What is it Sixer?" Stan asked.

"You can't tell ANYONE about this. Bill wants people to fear him, but we can't have that." Ford explained, "So answer me: Is Bill Cipher still alive?"

"Nope!" Mabel said, smiling.

"No," Stan answered, shaking his head.

They all looked at Dipper whose face has turned pale and was shaking in fear, "B- but, we defeated him." Dipper stuttered as tears started falling down his face.

Out of the four of them, Dipper was the most frightened about the situation. He wanted Bill gone. He wanted Bill dead. Bill had terrorized him all summer and he didn't feel safe knowing that he was still out there.

"Dipper I know you're scared, but I PROMISE that we won't let Bill touch a single hair on your head." Ford said as he placed his hand on Dipper's shoulder, "But can you please answer my question: Is Bill Cipher alive?"

Dipper looked at Ford in fear and shook his head, "No, he's not here."

"That's my boy!" Ford said smiling and patted Dipper's back, "Now let's go rebuild the shack!"

The Pines family waited, and waited, and waited, never letting their guard down for even a moment. But after five years, they assumed that Bill had left for good and that they were no longer in danger.

But they were wrong. Oh, so very wrong.