The Date (14)

3rd POV:

Dipper was in his room, watching his sister through the mirror. He wanted to make sure his sister was ok, but she was quite the opposite.

"Dipper..." Mabel cried out through the mirror.

Suddenly Bill popped up into the room, "Oh Pine Tree~!" he sang.

Dipper immediately put the mirror down and hid it under a blanket, "Y- yes Bill?"

Bill came closer to the bed and started to blush, "I know I normally wait until the evening... but well I thought," he knelt and held Dipper's hand, "Do you love me?" he asked nervously.

Dipper's hand shook away and he turned his head, ashamed.

Bill sighed and closed his eye, "How long do I have to wait?" he asked angrily.

"Bill, I-"

"HOW LONG?!" he yelled.

"I- I-" Dipper stuttered.

"You can't even say a polite 'no' anymore?!"

"Bill I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Bill mimicked, "HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP SAYING THAT?!"

Dipper bit his lip and tried not to make eye contact, "I just-"

"The library was just too much, wasn't it? Or the sky writing?!"

"Bill, please!" Dipper pleaded.

"Do you not like it here?" he asked, ignoring him, as he paced around the room.

"No, I-"

"Is it too drafty in here?" he continued, "Is it my breath?!"

"It's-"

"Oh, I get it!" Bill said and teleported himself right in front of Dipper, "It's that I'm a DEMON, isn't it?! You'd prefer some young, boring meatsack, right? I'm just too different for you?!"

"Your looks have NOTHING to do with this Bill!" Dipper assured.

"THEN WHY?!" Bill yelled, "WHY DO YOU STILL REJECT MY AFFECTION?!"

"BECAUSE YOU TREAT ME LIKE A PRISONER!" Dipper yelled back closing his eyes, not wanting to see Bill's reaction.

Bill's eye widened and stepped back a bit.

Dipper hugged his knees and sighed, "I understand you don't want me to leave and that we made a deal Bill, but... if you really were my friend, you wouldn't keep me like a caged bird." he said, "You've tried so hard to make me happy, but you still deny me the ONE thing that I want!"

"Well, you've denied me the one thing I want!" Bill shot back, "And what I want is-"

Dipper looked down at his legs and started to sob. Bill noticed and slapped his forehead because of how stupid he was acting. He got onto Dipper's bed and sat next to him.

"I- I'm sorry Pine Tree." he apologized, "I didn't mean to-"

Dipper just continued to cry, saying sorry wasn't going to make him forget how much he missed his family.

"You- you really want your freedom, don't you?" Bill asked.

Dipper looked up at him with his red face, "Yes."

Bill bit his lip, "If I gave it to you... would you leave me? All alone? In the middle of the forest forever?"

"N- no! Of course not!"