The Confession (17)

One week later~

3rd POV:

The past seven days since the incident, Dipper hid in his room and barely came out.

He didn't say anything, he didn't eat, and he didn't sleep.

Finally, after much begging and pleading, Dipper came out to have dinner with his family. The shack had previously gotten a new dining room which had a bigger table for more people to eat at.

Everyone at Dipper's party was there and they all ate in silence.

Ford cleared his throat and decided to try and start a conversation, "Um, I'm happy to see you're alright Dipper. We never really got a chance to thank you for saving our lives."

Dipper just poked at his food with no response. Ford nudged Stan, indicating for him to say something too.

"Huh? Oh yeah, what you did was very brave kid." Stan said awkwardly.

"Mhm," Dipper responded without lifting his head and just looked at his food.

Mabel, who was sitting next to him, looked at her brother worried, "You should eat something Dipper." she said, "You've barely eaten anything in a week."

Dipper continued to twirl the fork he was using to poke at the food, "I'm not really in the mood for spaghetti." he mumbled.

"Well, we can get you whatever you want Dipper, right Stanley?" Ford asked, trying to make his nephew feel any better.

"Uh, yeah! What'll it be kid?"

The question seemed so familiar...

"So what will it be my Pine Tree? Pizza? Soup? Baked Alaska?"

The voice echoed through Dipper's mind and his head shot up with confusion as he started to blush, "Wh- what?"

"Are you ok Dipper?" Wendy asked.

"Are you ok Pine Tree?" the voice echoed again.

Dipper's eyes widened as he dropped his fork on the table. Everyone looked at him with a worried look and he sighed, "I- I think I lost my appetite."

"Maybe you should just get some rest Dipper," Mabel said as she placed her hand on Dipper's forehead as if checking his temperature.

"Do you want me to tuck you in?"

Dipper immediately stood up with his face as red as a tomato and ran off saying good night without turning back.

They all watched as Dipper went into his room and slammed the door.

"Sooo, are we gonna ignore what just happened and that this has to do with Dipper's time with Bill?" Pacifica asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"There's no doubt," Ford said, shaking his head sadly.

"What do you think happened while he was there?" Soos asked.

"Yeah," Wendy said, "And I know we were all there when it happened, but how exactly was Dipper able to come back? We were all running and didn't really get to see or hear what happened."

"I- I think he just let him go," Mabel answered.

"But why would he release him just like that?" Pacifica asked.