The Decision (5)

Wendy's POV:

Dipper and I quietly left the Mystery Shack, not wanting to wake up Soos or Mabel. We walked deeper and deeper into the forest, not saying a word. Finally, Dipper stopped at some point.

"This is where it happened," Dipper said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"This is the place we supposedly defeated Bill. It's also the place when we realized that we had failed." Dipper responded.

"But Dipper," I said, "it's not your fault."

"But then why is he still in my head?!" Dipper yelled, "WHY?!"

Dipper fell to the ground onto his knees, "Why won't you just leave me alone?"

"Dipper-"

"This is what you want, isn't it?" Dipper asked, looking at the sky.

"Dipper!"

"You kept me as a prisoner mentally; now you want me to be there right by your side." Dipper said now crying, "And I accept that."

"DIPPER!" I shouted, trying to reach him.

"Wake up Dipper! Can't you hear yourself?!" I yelled as I shook Dipper's shoulders repeatedly, "You have a CHOICE! You don't have to go!"

"No," Dipper said, "I don't have a choice. If he wants someone, so be it. I've been his prisoner for five years already, why stop now."

I looked at him with a worried look. Dipper sighed and looked at me, "Wendy, I don't care what you think, but no matter what you say it won't change my mind. I'm going with Bill whether you like it or not."

I looked into Dipper's chocolate-brown eyes and could tell that he wasn't joking. I sighed and frowned at him, "I don't like this Dipper. It shouldn't be you. But you're the only one who's ACTUALLY willing to go. If this is what you want to do, then do it. But please, think it over."

Dipper got up from his knees and hugged me, "Thanks, Wendy."

I put my head around Dipper's neck and slow tears fell on my face and onto his shoulder, "No problem dude."

============3 days later===========

Mabel's POV:

It's the third day and no one has volunteered to go in our Grunkles place. Everyone in this town is terrified of Bill, so they didn't think twice about their answer. I sat at the kitchen table with Wendy who was trying to get me to eat something.

"Come on Mabel, at least have some water!" Wendy insisted.

I shook my head, "I'm not hungry." I said. How could I eat at a time like this? What will happen to our Grunkles if no one comes forward? Maybe I should just go...

"MABEL! WENDY!" yelled a worried Soos. He ran into the kitchen sweating and with heavy breaths.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Dipper! He's gone!" Soos answered.

"GONE?! What do you mean gone?!" I yell in confusion.