The Return (1)

5 years later~

3rd POV:

It was the first day of summer and Dipper and
Mabel had just gotten off the bus at Gravity Falls, Oregon. They were now on their way to meet their Grunkles at the Mystery Shack.

"I can't believe we're finally back!" Mabel said with a big smile on her face.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since we've been here since mom and dad wouldn't let us come back," Dipper said.

"Ugh, so what if we were attacked by an evil triangle demon?! That's just life!" Mabel complained and then noticed that her brother now had a frown on his face, "Oh, uh, sorry bro. I forgot how you feel about Bill."

Dipper sighed, "It's ok Mabel. It's been five years after all, if he hasn't made a move now, I don't think he ever will."

"See Dipping Sauce, just being here has already made you feel safer!" Mabel said as she jokingly punched his shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess it has," Dipper said with a fake smile.

Dipper and Mabel continued talking about all the stuff they wanted to do this summer as they walked towards the shack.

Mabel was in the middle of talking about all the sweaters she was going to wear each day, "-and then on July 17 I'm going to wear the one with the cat playing soccer, and then on July 18-"

"Mabel." Dipper interrupted her, "We're here."

Mabel looked up from counting on her fingers and a huge smile grew on her face.

There was a big welcome banner that read 'Welcome Back Mystery Twins' and their closest friends were there too.

Dipper and Mabel ran to their Grunkles and gave them a big hug.

"Whoa there kiddo!" Grunkle Stan said, "I'm not getting any younger you know!"

"Whoops! Sorry!" Mabel said, backing away.

"It's alright Mabel!" Ford laughed, "How have you two been doing?"

"fine," Dipper answered with a whisper.

"What was that Dipper?" Stan asked.

"He said he's great!" Mabel blurted out, wrapping her arm around Dipper's neck, "Right Dipper?"

Dipper just nodded without any eye contact.

"See, he's fine! We're both fine! So let's party!" Mabel said, and then left Dipper to go say hi to her friends.

Dipper just stayed there and stared at the ground.

"Is everything alright Dipper?" Ford asked, looking over to Dipper and putting his arm on his shoulder.

Dipper quickly looked up and gave his Grunkles a fake smile, "Yup. Just like Mabel said, I feel great!" He lied.

Stan crossed his arms and shook his head, "I know a fake when I see one, and Dipper that is the worst fake smile I've ever seen."

Dipper continued to smile, "It's fine, really! I'm just tired, that's all. I'll just drop my stuff off first and then I'll join you guys for the party."

"Alright, but this summer your sister will be in the attic and you'll be in Soos's break room," Ford said.

Dipper opened the door and just as he was about to walk in, someone stopped him by grabbing his backpack.

"And Dipper," Ford said.

"Yes, Great Uncle Ford?"

"If there's anything that's bothering you, you can talk to us about it."