Chapter 18

Anita's POV

We took a cab to the hospital as soon call ended. I was so worried about my mother and on top of all I didn't know what was happening.

After 15 minutes, driver left us in front of a hospital as I rushed in with Vince. I went to my mom's doctor's office and entered when he let us.

''Doctor, why did you sent me a message to come here?'' I asked as I sat down. My stomach was getting heavier.
''It's regarding your mother. Your mother had another heart stroke and unfortunately, she passed away. I'm so sorry.'' He said tear sliding down his cheek.

I looked at him shocked because I couldn't digest information he gave me. My mom was gone. She wasn't here with me anymore. I tried so hard and yet, she isn't with me.

''My mom is gone?'' I croaked. Tears were pooling in my eyes and finally they started falling. My chest felt so heavy when I was breathing.

''I'm so sorry. She was the kindest patient I ever had and I'm proud that I met her.'' Doctor said.
''Why couldn't you do something?'' I raised my voice. Vince kneeled down beside me and cupped my cheek in his hand.

''Nobody could predict she would get a heart stroke. Doctor isn't at fault.'' He said. I started crying harder and wrapped my arms around his neck. He stroked my back slowly and kissed my neck.
''Let it out, baby. I'm here.'' He whispered.

After maybe a ten minutes, I calmed down but the pain was still there. I pulled away and wiped tears that were left on my cheeks.
''Can I see her?'' I asked. Doctor nodded and got up from chair.

I followed him out as he walked towards her room. I became nervous and scared what I might see. He opened the door for me and I slowly approached the bed.

I removed sheet from her face when I started crying again. My beautiful mother was lying down on a hospital bed. Her face was pale as I touched her now cold skin. Why this happened? What have I done wrong?

''Mom, I'm sorry. I should have taken better care of you. I'm so sorry.'' I sobbed.
''You should have stayed alive so you could see your grandchild. Why did you leave me mom?''

I sobbed loudly next to her. She didn't deserve any of these. Please God, protect her. She is now in the better place with you. I love you, mom.

Vince came next to me and wrapped his arm around my back. I leaned in his body which gave me comfort.
''She loved you, baby. And she would for sure love our child too. Are you ready to go?'' He asked and kissed top of my head. I nodded and pulled the sheet back over her head.

I was crying all the way home. I was feeling such a pain. My poor mother couldn't stay on this world anymore. It was all too much for her. But she is on the better place now.

Vince helped me inside the house and led me to my room.
''Do you want to change?'' He asked as I sat down on the bed. I nodded my head as he went inside my closet. He got out not long after with black clothes.

I let him pull my shirt up and put on new one. I changed my leggings in another one. I laid under the blanket not having strenght to do anything.

''Do you want something to eat?'' He asked caressing my hair. I shook my head 'no'. I wasn't hungry at the moment. I was rather feeling sick than being hungry.

He laid next to as I immediately scooted myself in his chest. He was kissing my head every few minutes. I found a big comfort in him which makes me love him more.

''It will be okay, babygirl.''
''I miss her.'' I whispered. I already cried all my tears and nothing was left.
''I know you do. She was your everything. But you need to be strong. For yourself and our baby.'' He said and kissed my forehead.
''I'm trying. But it's really hard.''
''It will be okay.''

I was lying with my head on his chest as he caressed my bump.
''You know that we need to organize funeral.''
''I know, but I don't know how. I never went to any funeral.''
''I will fix everything, okay? You don't have to worry about anything, baby.'' He rubbed my back in comforting way.
''Thank you, Vince.''
''Anytime, little one.'' He kissed my forehead.

I love him so much. He is most amazing man I ever met. I love how he is comforting me. It means he cares for me which brings me happiness and relief in times like this.