Epilogue

Anita's POV

I felt strong arms wrap around me as I moved closer. I felt soft lips on my cheek as I decided to open my eyes. And I was met with glorious sight in front of me.

''Good morning, baby!'' Vince said and kissed my nose.
''Morning, love!'' I greeted back and smiled. I put my hand in his hair and pressed my lips on his.

We soon got out of the bed and got dressed in formal clothes. Vince was dressed in dark blue suit that hugged his, not so small, muscles. I put on pink floral dress and low black heels.

When we were fully ready, I went to my four year old daughter's room. She woke up when she heard me opening the doors.
''Good morning, mommy!'' She chirped and sat up in her bed.
''Morning, baby. Let's get ready. You know what today is.'' She smiled and jumped out of the bed.

I picked out pink dress for her and white sandals with little butterflies while she was brushing her teeth inside the bathroom. Once she finished, I dressed her in her outfit and let her run out of her room.

I came down in the kitchen and made toasts for everybody.
''Ricardo, Mateo, Diego, Lorenzo, Enrique! Come downstairs now.'' I yelled. My daughter Tia giggled next to me.

''What are you laughing at?''
''You sound so funny when you call them for breakfast.'' She giggled hysterically. I shook my head on her behaviour and smiled.

Soon I heard stompedo of footsteps coming downstairs. Every boy appeared in a suit. I checked every one of them to see if something was wrong. I fixed the shirt to my nine year old son Enrique and felt satisfied with their attires.

''Do you want something special today, Ricardo? Since it's your highschool graduation.'' I asked him.
''I'm fine, mom.''
''Nonsense.'' Vince said as he joined us on the table.
''I really don't need anything, dad.'' Ricardo still refused. My baby boy has such a pure heart.

We finished eating and we got inside the cars. We arrived in Ricardo's school soon and saw all the people gathered there. Ricardo went first inside so he could wear his graduation gown.

I remembered my graduation. I didn't even celebrate because I had to work. But I was happy for meeting Vince at that time and having out first son.

Vince lifted up Tia in his arms as we were entering the hall. We were trying hard for a girl and we finally had her after fourteen years of marriage. Her brothers are really protective over her so I don't have to worry.

After principal held his speach, it was time to give the diplomas. My eyes swelled with tears when I saw my baby boy coming up on the stage. Vince pulled me to his side and kissed the crown of my head.

Ricardo smiled to us before going back to his seat. Soon all kids were finished and I could see the joy on each of their faces. They were all happy that they succeeded.

We got out and not long after, Ricardo joined us. I hugged him immediately.
''Congratulations, my baby boy!''
''Thanks, mom!''

Vince hugged him and smiled. I know he feels very proud of him. We have been through so much and we can't help but feel very happy. He is the most wonderful son we could ever have. And so are the others.

Vince smiled and handed him a keys.
''What's this, dad?'' Ricardo asked him confused.
''A gift for the graduation.''
''You really didn't have to.''
''But I wanted to. And you will need it for college.''
''Thank you, dad.'' Ricardo grinned and hugged Vince again.

He showed him the car that was parked on the parking lot in front of the school. Ricardo was more than surprised. He was really happy and said thanks so many times.

We decided to buy him a car because he is already eighteen and he will start college after summer. We knew he would like the car because it's his favourite model.

We went in the restaurant for the lunch. And Vince's parents joined us. Now that I look at them, I feel grateful in some way for forcing Vince to have a heir because we wouldn't even be a family if I wasn't his surrogate. Life really has weird kinds of connecting people.