Chapter 25

Anita's POV

''Mommy, look what daddy did!'' My little son pulled me towards his room. I saw big castle made of lego cubics. Vince was proudly standing next to it.

''Wow, this is great. How did you do that?'' I chuckled, admiring the sculpture.
''I was playing with him and we made this. Isn't it cool?'' He smirked. I laughed at how proud and sassy he was acting.

He smiled and pulled me into a kiss. It was soft and gentle unlike his usual ones. We broke apart when we heard our son making 'ew' sound.

I scooped him in my arms and kissed his chubby cheek.
''Dinner is ready.'' I said and got out of the room. Table was already set so I just put him in his high chair.

We all sat down and ate in peace when my head started pounding from pain. In instant everything became blurry and I was met with darkness.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was met with pale white room. I looked around and figured out this is a hospital room. Then I remembered all events that happened.

I can't believe that my father shot me. The person who needs to be one of the most important in my life, and that person attempted to kill me.

I proped myself on my butt a little. I brought my hand to touch where I was shot to feel a scar. When I looked towards my stomach, my bump was gone. Where is my baby?

I started sobbing and screaming. He killed my baby. My baby is gone. I lost him. I lost my baby boy. I couldn't control screams and cries that escaped my mouth.

Door bursted open and inside came doctor with nurses. They came to my side and took my hands that were clutching my hair.

''Calm down, Anita!''
''I lost my baby boy.'' I cried out.
''Calm down and I'll explain to you everything.'' He said calmly. After few minutes, I laid blank on the bed. I felt so empty.

''When you arrived here, I performed surgery on you. I had to take your son out because it was too dangerous. You were two and a half weeks in coma.''

I looked him in shock before door opened again. Inside ran Vince and looked shocked to see me awake. He was holding a baby in the blanket.

''You are awake.'' He said breathlessly. His face was dishelved and he looked like he hasn't slept in days. I missed him so much.
''I think we should go.'' Doctor told to nurses. They left us alone as Vince got closer.

''How are you feeling, baby?''
''I'm good.'' I couldn't take my eyes off the sleeping baby.
''Is that our son?'' I said choking on tears that were streaming down my face. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

''He is.'' He said and handed him to me.
''I thought I lost him.'' I whispered still crying.
''We could never lose him.''

I leaned down and kissed his small head. He is so perfect. He looks like Vince, a lot. His cheeks are so chubby making him look so cute. I kissed his cheek. I took in his scent. My baby smells so sweet.

''I named him Ricardo. I thought it would suit him.'' Vince said.
''It does.'' I smiled. He sighed in relief.
I missed out another part in my son's life. We could have named him together so Vince wouldn't be so pressured.

When Ricardo woke up, he didn't started crying. He was looking at me with big blue eyes. At least he got my eyes. My little perfection. I kissed his soft forehead.

''Take a rest a bit. I'll take care of him.'' Vince said. I nodded my head as he took him in his arms. I watched as he rocked him slowly in his arms.

Vince needed to change his diaper when he noticed he pooped. He put him on bed and took things for changing him out of the bag he brought with him.

I felt tears built up again in my eyes. I missed out everything and Vince had to do everything alone. He must be tired. I'm horrible mother.

When he wrapped him up in a blanket, Vince looked at me concerned and sat next to me.
''Baby, why are crying again?'' He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to his chest.
''I'm horrible mother. I missed out everything what I was supposed to do for our baby.'' I sobbed.

''Do you really think you could take care of him in the state you were? Baby, you didn't miss out anything, he is only three weeks old. But I missed you. Don't ever do anything like that again.'' He kissed the crown of my head.

''I missed you too. I'm sorry for everything you went through. I should have been with you.''
''But you are now and that's all that matters.'' I nodded and relaxed in his touch. I was soon falling asleep with my hand wrapped around Ricardo's little one.