Chapter 22

Vince's POV

I entered the house when I heard laugh. Male laugh and it was evil. I was beyond mad as I hurried inside the living room with the gun still in my hand.

''Oh, look who is here! Your boyfriend. Hello, Mr. Ruiz! I'm glad you heard my message.'' He smiled wickedly. Anita looks like him, not much, but she does. He looks disgusting and crazy right now.

''Why did you threaten her? And why are you in our house?'' I asked him.
''I can't visit my daughter?'' He asked like he cared. I rolled my eyes when I noticed a gun in his pants.

''Baby, come here!'' I said to Anita. She looked scared and it pained me to see her like that. As soon as she got up from the couch, that bastard pushed her down.
''She will stay here.''
''Don't touch her!'' I yelled. How dare he touch her? Motherf**king idiot.

''What have I done wrong to you?'' She sobbed.
''Everything. You're at fault for everything. If you weren't born, I wouldn't live like this.'' He raised his voice making her flinch.

''I had to take care of your petty ass. You were the reason why I ended up being this miserable.'' He yelled. My babygirl already started crying. How can he say that to her face?

I stepped in when he noticed and pulled out a gun. I heard Anita gasp but I focused on him.
''What do you think you're doing?'' He asked me.
''Put your gun down or I'll need to kill you.'' I warned him.
''Oh, right? I forgot Mr. Ruiz is mafia boss and on top of that, one of the greatest in this country.''

I looked over to Anita and saw her wide eyed. I never told her that, because I thought she will be scared of me. But by the look she has in her eyes now, tells me she isn't scared.

''Yes, and that's why I suggest you to drop your gun down or you'll go to hell.''
''I will go to hell anyway, but I'll pull you down with me.'' I pointed my gun at him so that I won't miss his skull.

Our fingers were on triggers ready to be pulled. But my dumb baby decided to chim in.
''No, stop. Please, dad. Stop.'' She pleaded and got up from the couch.
''Well, too late. Everything is your fault.'' He started pulling trigger when Anita came in front of me. It was too late when he shot her in her chest.

''Baby! Anita!'' I yelled and caught her in my arms.
''What have you done, you bastard?'' I shouted. He was pale and looked at us with wide eyes.

''Vince?'' She spoke gripping my arm.
''I'm here, baby. You'll be fine.'' I caressed her hair. By now, my men called ambulance. She has to be fine.
''Our....baby.'' She said with difficulty while tear was sliding down her cheek.

''Don't worry. You and the baby will be fine. Just don't talk. Ambulance will come here.'' I totally forgot about that bastard when I heard a gunshot. He shot himself right in front of us.

He deserves it. Ambulance came soon. They put her in a van as I joined them. Anita was already unconcious. First time in my life I was scared. So scared. My baby and my girl can die because of her father's stupidity. How could he do that to his daughter?

''How far is she?'' Nurse asked me when we arrived in the hospital.
''Seven months.'' She nodded as they led her in operation room.

Nurses were rushing inside with the doctor as I stopped him.
''If you don't save her and my child, I'll kill you all.'' I said. He looked scared and nodded rushing inside. My baby didn't deserve all of this. She is the most kindest and purest person on this planet.

I slided down the wall and waited. Only person I can blame is dead. I wanted to torture him and kill him with my own two hands after. He died too easily by shooting himself. There was no pain like my baby suffered.

She is my everything. Our child is my everything. I can't live without them. They must save them. My innocent baby.

I didn't even know I was crying. I never cried. I was hurt, a lot. Part of me was missing. James came and handed me a bottle of water.
''They will be fine.'' He said.
''I hope so. My baby is strong.'' He smiled a little and nodded.
''Do you know we had spy in the company? And it was that guy Robert.'' James explained.

''How that happened?''
''I don't know. But he also had connections with Diego Lopez.''
''He was the one who put that note in the drawer. That bastard. Where is he now?''
''We reported him to the police saying he was stealing from the company. I think he will get at least 10 years.''
''That's good. Thanks, James for doing that for me.''
''Always, bro.'' He tapped my shoulder.

After sometime, operation door opened and I saw a nurse taking out incubator.
''Mr. Ruiz, we had to take the baby out. Doctor is now doing surgery on the mother.'' I nodded and looked at my perfect son.

He is so tiny and chubby. I touched his little hand. It's so soft. He is perfect like his mother. So perfect. I wiped the tear that escaped my eye and smiled.

''He is healthy, but he will need to stay in incubator for awhile because he is born premature.''
''Thank you.'' I smiled. She continued moving him into another room.

''Congratulations, bro.'' James said.
''Thanks.'' I smiled. There is only my babygirl that needs to be healed. I know she will make it. She will make it because of our son.

I waited for an hour when doctor came out. I got up from the chair and rushed to him.
''How is she?''
''Surgery was very critical. Bullet almost hit her heart, but she made it. I guess you saw your son. I had to take him out because it was dangerous, but he is very healthy.''
''Thank you.''

''We will move her to ICU for the time being until she becomes better.'' I nodded and door opened again. Nurses were taking out a bed with her on it. She had some tube in her mouth and she was so pale.

I brushed my hand on hers as they led her to ICU. I knew she will make it. And she did. They will be fine and I'll be fine now that I have them.