prologue

"There's no fucking way"

"Harry, if you would just-"

"I said there's no way. I'm not going"

Harry shakes his head, anger inching up his throat. He hated everyone in the room, and he hated what they were saying to him.

He hated not being in control of his own life; he absolutely loathed it, and he hated himself for signing that trash contract that kept him under his management's control and kept him from having liberty in his own band.

Saudade- that's what the band was called.

The infamous band had come out of nowhere and taken over the music industry by surprise. Their music wasn't for everyone, but for some reason their songs had been a massive success, and before they had known it, not only were they known in the alternative/indie industry, but they were filthy rich.

Rich, but under the control of their management, which is why harry hated the lot of them.

They had little to no freedom. The boys- Louis, Niall, Zayn and Harry, had been exploited and forced to change into the cliche indie band that consumed drugs and alcohol, and had been branded as 'bad boys' that all the fan girls liked to see.

Harry didn't have a problem with that part. He loved having girls at his feet and insane amounts of drugs within his reach, but he knew that Niall and Louis hated it and had been forced to pretend in order to keep up with the image of a messy and borderline womanizer band of almost-adult boys.

Of course, the band always tried to keep up with management's instructions and rules, but if there was someone who didn't care and would often do what he wanted- it was Harry.

The man in front of him- Jeremy- sighs, running a hand through his face as he tried to calm down.

"Harry, you need to do it and sign the acceptance letter. If you don't we can't continue with the band and you'll be put on trial" He tries to reason, clearly not wanting Harry to go to jail.

"Can't you all agree on something more with the judge to get me out of this? You're my fucking lawyers for gods sake that's why I pay you" Harry argues lowly, leaning forward on his chair to face the group of lawyers that were sitting in front of him.

Jeremy shakes his head for the fifth time in the last minute as one of the lawyers starts to speak, trying to explain the situation.

"It's not that easy, Harry. You beat up the paparazzi. It's full on assault. Broken nose and broken ribs. You're lucky that they're only putting you on group therapy once a week" He says, his eyebrows high.

Harry shakes his head, pursing his lips and slumping back on his seat as he tried to control his anger on the situation.

"How long?" He finally asks, considering the idea. He twirls an unlit cigarette in his fingers, something that he did when he was on edge and frustrated. The thought of having to commit to therapy didn't sit well with him, not when he did what he wanted when he wanted.

This seemed to be an exception.

"It's just until you turn 22. Two months, it's a good deal" Jeremy replies, looking at the man in front of him.

Harry looks at him, his eyes then darting at the group of lawyers in front of him and watching as they all nod in agreement to what Jeremy had just said.

He stays silent for a moment, his brows furrowing in thought as he tried to figure out what to do. Sure, therapy wasn't a bad idea, but he wasn't a therapy guy. He was more of a getting shit high and wasted until he couldn't remember anything guy, and he was sure going to therapy didn't mix with that.

"If i do this. that's if, then I go on tour, and I can do whatever I want. You can't tell me what to do and who to see, alright? No probation, no jail, no control over me, nothing" He states, his accent standing out as he looks at Jeremy.

Jeremy nods frantically, finally happy that harry agreed. harry wasn't an easy man, and being his manager proved to be really stressful at times, but it paid well, and in return Jeremy got him the deals that he wanted and made sure everyone worked around Harry's desires, including management at times.

Finally, after a few moments of silence, Harry nods, looking at the time on the clock above the door before turning to the papers that were splayed on the table in front of him. He takes a pen, putting his unlit cigarette on his mouth and signing as fast as he can before standing up, already wanting to get out of there.

He goes to exit, not looking back at anyone. Before he exits though, he pauses, turning back to Jeremy and the lawyers. He chuckles darkly as he sees the pathetic men sitting on the chairs, all of them looking at him like he was about to kill them.

"Oh and before I go" He begins, taking a deep breath and running a hand through his short hair, which he had just cut from having it below the shoulder after growing it out for more than two years (And if he might add he was currently getting used to the new look and image that it gave him).

Harry looks at the lawyers, anger behind his eyes as he points to them and faces Jeremy's wide ones, not addressing the lawyers as he pointed to them.

"They're all fired"

an; so yeah this story is mostly for my own amusement so if it doesn't get reads i don't really care but i think it's going to be a really nice story and book!