16

FALLON COLLINS

The hairs at the back of my neck stand up, and I'm suddenly very uncomfortable. Out of all the people I could have bumped into tonight, it had to be him. My heart skipped a beat as he walked closer; my hands becoming clammy.

He stands there in a Batman costume, his helmet on his under arm.

He'd changed.

He looked older, hair cut slightly short but still longer than I'd ever seen him in, and it looked like he'd been going to the gym.

Walking closer to me, he offers me a smile that I don't return.

"Liam" I acknowledge, turning to the bar and wanting to know how long it's going to take before my drink is ready. I hoped it was soon.

"What are you doing here, Fallon?" He greets, laughing nervously. "I didn't think this was your kind of scene"

"Yeah, I didn't think so either, but here I am" I respond, my lips pursed.

I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't like the way he made me feel and the memories he brought.

He looks around, clearing his throat and rubbing the back of his neck. From here I can see the sweat glistening on his face, even though it's almost pitch black.

"What do you want, Liam?" I finally ask, my patience running short.

"I just- how are you? I haven't seen you in a while" He tries to make conversation.

I want nothing but to leave, but I also needed my drink. I look at the bar, watching as the waiters make up different drinks, and mine doesn't seem to be anywhere.

"I'm fine." I responded bluntly after I check that my drink isn't there, a frown etched on my face

He looks at me, pity showing on his eyes as he bites his lip, contemplating whether or not to say something, and I really hope it's not what I'm thinking.

He opens his mouth, not looking at me in the eye as his knee bends and straightens, a clear sign that he's nervous and on edge. Finally he turns to me, his mouth pursing before he speaks.

"I heard about what happened. I'm sorry that Fa–"

"Don't you dare say her name" I grit out. Suddenly I'm angry. No, scratch that, I'm livid.

"Fallon–" He starts again, his tone small.

"No. No, Liam. You don't get to do that." I don't let him continue as my tone starts to rise.  "You fucked me over. You fucked my sister over. So no, you don't even deserve to say her name. Or mine for that matter" I grit out, digging my finger into his chest.

He looks from my finger to my eyes, his eyebrows hunched together. He looks at me, regret flashing across his features.

"Listen, Fallon, I never meant to hurt you."

I snort, scoffing and crossing my arms over my chest. The fucking nerve of this boy.

"Oh, like hell you didn't. There's not a lot of things that make me angry, and you're one of them. Goodbye, Liam" I go to turn around, anger boiling through my blood.

As I'm about to turn around he takes my arm harshly, and I can't help but flinch slightly at the force as he pulls me back.

I look down at his hand on my arm, watching the skin around his hand turn red with irritation.

"Listen, to me Fallon" He pulls me hard enough so that I'm touching his chest, and I let out a curse, wanting to get away from here.

"Let me go, Liam" I strain out, leaning my head away from him and trying to look around to see if anyone would help me. 

"No. Not until you listen to me" He responds. His breath fans over me, and I cringe at the smell of weed and alcohol.

I look back at my arm, wincing as he tightens his hold and then finally nod in response. I stay silent though, knowing better. He would say what he wanted and then I'd be on my way.

When he notices I'm not going to say anything he sighs in relief, leaning closer to me.

"I never got to tell you how sorry I was. I–I want a second chance. I love you, Fallon"

I lean away as he inches closer, disgust etched through my features.

"You said what you needed to say. Now, get away from me, Liam. You fucked over the last chance that you had a long time ago"

"If you'd let me just prove to you that I've changed-"

"Yeah, like fuck you have. You're the same piece of shit-"

I don't get to process when his lips crash into mine, and shock rips through my system, when he grabs me tighter, his other arm letting go of his helmet and grabbing my waist. I feel his disgusting tongue try to enter my mouth but I push my head away, gagging at what had just been the worst kiss of my life.

Not only was I not expecting it, but at no point had I given him the consent or the permission to do that.

I push him away with all my force, but he still forces himself on me, whispering things like "I love you" and "I'll prove myself to you" 

"Liam! Get off me!" I shout over the music, dread sinking through my system as I look around and see that no one cares and he still has a strong hold of me.

"Stop resisting, Fallon. I know you miss me as much as you do, if you'd just give me–"

He doesn't get to finish as a fist knocks his face to the side, sending him tumbling into the ground.

Around us people scream (me included), the crowd parts like someone just sent poison flying; getting out of the way as Liam stands up again. He touches his nose, which is dripping blood, and when he sees the blood on his fingers he looks up, his eyes blazing as he lunges at the man who had punched him.

My hands fly to my mouth and I let out a yell as they start to fight.

It's only then that I realize who it is.

Harry.

He doesn't have the suit anymore, only sporting his tie and his button up shirt, but I can see from here the rings in his fingers are still on and his hair is even more messy than before as he starts to fight with Liam.

I let out a yell at the realization, looking around at all the shocked faces as Liam punches Harry back straight in the jaw.

Harry stumbles back a few steps, but quickly regains himself, lunging back at Liam with much more force and punching him in across the jaw.

I didn't know what to do. They were definitely stronger than me, and Harry certainly wouldn't stop unless someone stronger than him held him back. By the looks of it, the men around me didn't really want to step in.

As they continued to fight, each of them delivering each punch with seemingly more strength, there was only one thing on my mind.

I really needed that fucking drink.