4

FALLON COLLINS

Harry waited around until I got off from work, staying seated the entire time as I tidied up and cleaned whatever mess was left.

I had to say, I was surprised that he hadn't left already, since he looked really on edge.

Half an hour before, he'd received a call. It hadn't lasted more than ten seconds, but after that he'd had a frown on his face, and I could see his jaw muscles tensing all the way from here.

Still, I hadn't asked who had called, and I wouldn't because I hardly knew the guy.

I step around the counter, grabbing the keys of the store from my bag before turning to Harry.

"Come on" I motion, and with that he stands up, stretching slightly and adjusting his hair before putting on his sunglasses.

I frown for a second before pointing to them. "Why the glasses? It's 6 in the afternoon" I point out. It wasn't sunny, but it was warmer than most days.

He turns to me, his expression blank. It seemed like the upbeat guy that had come into the coffee shop was gone, and Douchey Harry was back.

"It's easier to avoid being recognised" It's all he says before walking past me.

I hum in response, watching as he holds the store door open with his foot.

"What are you waiting for?" He finally asks, making me jolt into action. I try to fight off the blush creeping up my cheeks, but his smirk makes me realize that I hadn't been successful.

There's a moment of silence while I lock up the store, and when I'm done, the both of us start walking in the direction of my apartment.

"So" I start after a few moments, trying to make conversation. "Are you going to tell me why you waited for me to get off work?" I ask, looking at him.

He smiles, turning to me. His walk is easy going and laid back, like the other day when we were walking to his car. He acts like he has all the time in the world. 

"Do i need a reason?" He questions coyly, looking sideways at me.  "I really liked your company last week, and I wanted to see you again" He declares, shrugging as if it was no big deal.

Something I noticed was his voice, and the way he talked. He spoke as if he was looking for the correct words, and his accent was slow and drawled. For some reason I really liked it. It seemed to be a breath of fresh air from the normal New York accent and all the people that spoke like they were in a hurry.

My eyebrows rise as we continue to walk down the busy street. The sun was setting, since it was late October it meant that in about an hour it would be dark out.

"Has anyone ever told you you're weird, and creepy?" I note, half playing as I turn back to look at him.

He laughs deeply, shaking his head as he looks up at the sky. I smile back at the sight of his dimples showing.

"Has anyone told you you're weird and creepy, Fallon?" He retaliates, his eyes glimmer with amusement.

I mock a laugh, brushing my hair out of my face. "That's really original, Harry" I mumble under my breath.

He laughs, shrugging as we turn the corner on a street.

"I try" there's a low mumble, and I can sense the smile on his tone. "So tell me about yourself, Fallon" He starts suddenly, looking in front of him as we continue to walk past groups of people, all of them hurrying to get to wherever they needed to go.