2

FALLON COLLINS

I stand there, a gobsmacked expression on my face. 

"Uhh it- it's- i-" I stutter, taking a step back and putting some distance between us as I try to keep the blush from showing on my cheeks. Apparently I fail because his eyes shine with laughter as he sees my cheeks. 

He then chuckles, running a hand through his hair.

"You really think that? You don't even know me, love" He tells me, his tone arrogant and slow. I look around, not really knowing what to say in this situation. I hated being put on the spot, and while I did get douchey vibes from him, I would've never told him to his face.

I clutch my bag tighter, biting my lip as I look everywhere but at him.

"I'm sorry, I really need to go" I breathe out, trying to walk past him.

He stops me, tutting softly and grabbing my arm just hard enough to keep me from walking away, but not enough to hurt me. I halt, turning to look back at him and then my gaze going to his hand on my upper arm.

I pull it away quickly, not liking the unknown feeling it sends through me.

"That's sad. I can be some real fun" He tries to convince, me. His eyes dart from my eyes to my lips, wandering there for a few moments before he looks away, licking his lips.

I force out a small smile, tilting my head to the side as I decide what to say.

I didn't really know how to word it. I wasn't interested, and I knew that he was the type to just have sex and then not remember my name the next morning. I wasn't that type of girl.

But I knew that if I flat out rejected it, he might have been angry. I really didn't want that, given that I was alone and it was already going dark.

"Well, unfortunately, I have to go. I have work tomorrow" I state as harshly as I can, but I can't help the waver that sounds through my words. I didn't lie. I did have work tomorrow, I just didn't have it in the morning.

Harry shakes his head, about to say something when a few droplets of water start falling around us.

The both of us look up at the sky, me giving out a silent curse as I realize that this means that I'm probably going to be walking back home in the rain.

"Shit" I mutter as it starts to rain slightly harder.

Harry looks back down at me, his eyebrows furrowing as he tries to figure out why I just cursed. He tilts his head to the side, a look I don't really recognize coming over his face.

"Do you not have a ride?" He asks, completely ignoring the fact that it's starting to rain and he's getting wet.

I motion back behind me, not really understanding why I am about to tell a complete stranger that I don't have a ride home.

"I took the subway. Was planning on walking back so I didn't bother to buy a subway ticket" I tell him, regret clearly etched on my tone as I realize that taking the subway might have been the best idea because now I was about to walk in the rain with no umbrella and the greatest possibility of getting sick.

Harry looks at me for a moment, eyeing me up and down as his lips pursed in thought before he finally speaks.

"I can take you" He offers, motioning behind him.

I laugh, starting to say something before I see that he's serious.

"I'm not getting into a car with a stranger" I scoff out as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. I cross my arms over my chest, holding back a shiver so that Harry doesn't see. My tries fail because he frowns harder as he watches me shiver.