15

FALLON COLLINS

FALLON COLLINS

Halloween always reminded me of Faith.

It had never been my type of Holiday. I loved Christmas and New Years and the things that came with it much more than Halloween, but it had clearly been Faith's favorite, and for a reason.

It was her time to shine. To go over the top and be the center of attention. It didn't matter if it was my year to choose the theme, she always managed a way to outshine me and everyone in the room, whether she was dressed as a potato sack or a playboy bunny.

Halloween was the embodiment of Faith; extra, intense, and crazy at times. If I thought about it long and hard enough, they both seemed to merge into one. She was Halloween and Halloween was her.

I loved dressing up, don't get me wrong, but most of the time people ended up shit drunk and throwing up on themselves, Faith included. I didn't have a problem with people doing it, but it wasn't my sorta thing.

Which was why, standing here at the elevator and staring at the long hallway, all dressed up and ready, I really regretted having agreed to come.

First of all, my costume was completely out of my comfort zone. If it had been my choice, I'd dressed up as one of the PowerPuff girls. They were nice and sweet and I liked them. But Nadia hadn't given me a choice, she practically threw the costume at me and told me that if I didn't wear it she would never talk to me again, and I believed her.

People are lined up along the hallway, all of them either smoking or making out with someone. It sunk in how different it felt without having Faith beside me; emptier. For the first time in my entire life I was going to Halloween alone. 

I stepped out of the elevator and walked down the smoke filled hallway, looking at the apartment doors to see which one was the one Harry'd told me. Even from here I could hear the bass of the music resonating through the ground and into my heart.

436 436 436 436 436. The number repeated in my head as I held on to my phone in one hand and the Devil staff in the other and walked slowly through the hall.

Yes, the Devil.

Nadia had basically forced me into it, telling me that tonight was all about me and having fun. She'd proceed to do my makeup and then pushed me out of her apartment, telling me that she needed to get ready for her own party but to have fun with Harry.

And that had been it. I'd been on my way to an Upper East Side apartment building that looked like it cost more than my entire life.

I mean, they were part of a famous band, but I didn't know they did this good.

There's always new information to learn, I guess.

I walk past a couple that's making out, the girl pinned against the wall and the sloppy sound of their tongues intertwining making me cringe. I quickly speed up, not wanting to see them any longer.