12

(Also Fallon's apartment but picture whatever you want!)

FALLON COLLINS

"Do you read a lot?"

"I used to, yeah"

"So... you don't read anymore?"

Harry and I were currently in my apartment. After the events of the afternoon we'd walked all the way back, and I'd found myself inviting him to stay for a while longer.

He'd looked at me, his gaze fluttering over my nose and then my lips (it had made me blush) before he finally agreed, saying that he didn't have anything else planned and that he enjoyed my company, so why not.

I shrug, putting down my tea on the coffee table, turning to face Harry, who's in front of my bookshelf. He seemed to be scanning the books, reading the covers.

It amazed me how much he'd changed since I'd gotten to know him better. His mean and douchey façade had been stripped down, and I'd been left with a kind, casual and caring man. There were no complaints from me, though. I really liked this side of Harry.

"Right now I only read one book, the rest I've left them behind" I admit, clearing my throat as I think about all the books I have read over the years. There were more than I could count, and the small collection I had in my apartment didn't do it justice to the ones I'd actually read throughout my life.

It was a pity that now books didn't really appeal to me like they had. I'd lost so much interest in literature and stories, and it felt bad knowing that I would probably never go back to the way I used to be.

Harry turns to me, his eyebrows pinched together in confusion. I could tell he was trying to figure me out, and if I let myself, he would be able to read me like a book.

"Why'd you stop?" He asks, and I can tell he means well. I debate telling him what happened with Faith, but I stop myself. I didn't really feel prepared to do that, and I was only getting to know him.

"Um," I begin, running a hand through my hair in an uncomfortable manner. My legs are in criss cross below me, and I wiggle slightly to adjust myself. "Most of them reminded me of my sister, and I no longer see her so I keep them as memories"

He 'ah's' in understanding, looking at the books and grabbing out a random one before paging through it, his eyes are still on the pages as he turns to face in my direction.

It wasn't a lie. Not exactly. But it wasn't the complete truth either. I'll eventually tell him, but right now I prefer to avoid his pity.

Well, if I really thought about it, Harry didn't really seem like someone who would pity a person for their past, but I didn't really know. You never actually knew what was going on through that man's head.

"What's you favorite book?"

He looks up from the pages, his brow creased as he asks the question. The book in his hand was called Amy and Roger's epic detour. A few years ago that book had been my favorite, but not it hit too close to home to read again.

Shrugging, I take a sip of my hot tea, savoring it before putting it back down.

"I mean, it depends" I start. "There's different books for everything"

He frowns as my words, clearly confused. It was clear he wasn't a big fan of reading.

"It's like if I asked you what your favorite song was. You can't really decide because there's one for everything" I explain, making motions with my hands as I talked.