5- The Psychology of Love <3

(Vera's P.O.V)
Last Hour

Psychology. Sociology.

Psychology by definition was the scientific study of the human mind and the way it functions. By behavior, characteristics, mental and emotional factors affecting a solo person or a group. And, Sociology by definition was, the study of development, structure and functioning of the human society or social problems.

On point, it was Vera's favorite class. Besides being the daughter of one of the best worldwide fashion icons, 'Amari Fashion Company", Vera had brains. To her these two studies broadened her mind to her world outside. It helped her reach out to her favorite thing in the world; Photography. It helped her connect to society and each person's individual aesthetic.

Okay. I know. I know. What the heck does it have to do with Photography or whatevers.

The point was each person was a work of art and if you could figure out what exactly made them click, you could really highlight that person and their whole aura. And therefore, the perfect shot. For example a latina feminist Poet, her goal is to capture the importance of a brown womens strength and power. She depicts that by not suppressing that, she highlights that, in her words. She has to make her reader really depict a brown womens strength by what she does. In everything she does, caring for her children, cooking, disciplining etc. Well, Vera would depict that by capturing her doing that,capturing her in her habitat.

You know?!

Anyways, that's what fulfilled her. In the smallest terms, it was her favorite class. Maybe everybody else didn't feel as passionate about it as she did. But, it really meant so much to her. It just...it just opened her eyes to everything. As a privileged white person she didn't have first hand basis on what went on with those less privileged. But, if she listened hard enough she could at least understand a little, because she would never, ever, be able to relate.

After Arin left, Vera went in to take a seat. The class was already full with at least 6 students. As you could see not everybody was willing to risk their grade in this AP class. Well, everyone in school knew that the man behind this class was a genius. Yet, that didn't mean they would risk their passing GPA on a little world wisdom. If you know what she means.

As usual she grabbed an open seat in the middle of the classroom, there were no assigned seats. Since A, this class was already hard enough to pass therefore, no one has time to fool around. And B, Dr. Donovan didn't mind as long as you paid attention. And fuck, you had to pay attention.

"Hey Vera", Vera turned smiling back as a couple people turned to say hello. Vera wasn't shy but she didn't really socialize either. Being the rich daughter of a fashion icon and 'close' to the top MVP lacrosse player in school, immediately was all anyone needed to know. Vera never really dressed the part, at least in her opinion, although some disagreed. It was in her blood, dressing the part she means.

The repulsive sound of a train rang from the speaker. The minute bell.

Don't ask. Okay, she'll tell you.

So practically, earlier this year, the office staff took a whole week to find the right bell to get the students attention. For some reason, if it was even possible, some weren't loud enough for the school to hear. So apparently a train wreck was the way to go.

Just in time the students flooded in, as usual everyone waited exactly last minute to be glued again in a chair listening to an hour and half lecture.

Just then, another bell rang again, this time it belonged to Dr. Donavan, with his same old windchime in his hands. Quickly, he captured the rest of the class's attention including Vera's, away from the distant window, to the front of the classroom.