13. Me, You, and Coffee

WARNING: Not Edited
(Vera's POV)
Same Morning
Around late 6 A.M.

“Nooo”, Vera groaned covering her eyes from the light peeking in through the windows.

She grumbled slowly dragging herself down the bed, fumbling to the floor.

Turning off the blaring phone, she sighed throwing it on the bed.

Having dropped out of bed she was covered in sweat, practically having a heart attack.

Vera stretched and opened the curtains from her bedroom windows. It was actually still pretty dark out since the sun tended to come up later this time of the year.

She opened her windows and inhaled the fresh air, smelling of wet dew.

She sniffled, realizing she smelled of sweat she decided to hit the shower. Sh managed to find some cut off jean shorts. Still half-naked she rummaged through her closet looking for a specific shirt under a thrown pile of clothes on top of her bed. Finally, she locked her eyes on Arins’ lacrosse jersey. The lucky number of 8 imprinted on the back of it with the school's colors of grey, blue, and white.

Throwing it own, it fit her like a dress. A while back Arin gave it to her. He spatted some cheesy words along the lines of, ‘Promise me that you’ll wear my lucky number. If you do I’d have more luck than anyone could imagine because my lucky charm is wearing my lucky birth number’. 

Sometimes Vera swore to herself Arin was too soft for his own good. She asked him why he didn’t pick number seven since it was a well-known lucky number internationaly, especially in Japan. Apparently, he said that eight  was also a lesser known lucky number in Japan. He preferred prosperity and a less well-known number.

Vera smiled to herself as she brushed and conditioned her hair. Quickly, brushing her teeth, applied lotion and perfume. She hurried, running down the stairs grabbing her phone and bag on her way out.

“Shit”, she yelled running back up to grab her high-top Converse and sunglasses. 

Shutting the door behind her, she spotted Arins’ hunter green Jeep pulling up in her driveway.

He smiles in the driver’s seat as he stops in front of her, rocking a pair of Ray Van sunglasses and a loose- navy long-sleeve with a black collared shirt underneath and matching fitted jeans. 

Ain leans over to the passenger seat smiling at her as he swung open the door for her.

“Good morning, V”, he said sweetly with a flirty tilt as he looked at her through his eyelashes, lowering his sunglasses to the bridge of his nose. Slowly taking her in as she slid in beside him.

 Vera swooned for a second as the sunlight perfectly hit his face. As they grew up-, well as he-, as his body grew up she began to feel hot around him. These days she still was unsure if it was raging hormones or the fact that they gown up as so did their feelings.

“How’d you know that I dreamed about you wearing that last night. It’s like you knew that I love seeing you in my jersey”, he teased her tucking a random strand of her hair behind her ear.

Vera turns to look at him as he continuously gazes into her eyes. He’d do that sometimes. He’d stare at her with a thousand questions in his eyes, that it looked like he might just explode but Vera ignored them. Ignored him. She was scared. She didn’t want his questions to be answered. She was afraid she wouldn’t have the answers and even more terrified that she did. She didn’t want either of them to get hurt. So for as long as she can she would ignore them.