6- Pretty Brunettes & even Prettier News

(Conrads P.O.V)
A Few Momments Later...

She had stared at him, when their eyes met he felt so unsure of himself.

Her eyes spoke intelligence and arrogance. It amused her, he was sure.

 He just knew that she enjoyed showing him up. He’d give her this one but, as for the hidden questions and hurt hidden behind the speck of her eyes. He knew how she was feeling deep down.

She acted all tough but the valley girl just needed comfort and truth.

I have to know who she is, he thought

He admits the girl is hot.

Yet, that’s not all. She spoke out during math class, she spoke so venomously. Sure to others at that moment she came off like a complete asshole.

To Conrad, he somehow felt her hurt. For some reason, she took the Substitutes’ affair to heart. Since he spotted her, he’s just had to get to know her. You could say Conrad needed a little ‘excitement’ in his life.

To be honest, it was just a lie to cover up the fact that the girl caught his attention and he wanted to help her. Let’s just call it a donation to the valley.

The point was he didn’t know why he had to help her. He just needed to.

 He’d help her learn to just relax, and accept whatever goes through her pretty little head. And who knows? Maybe, it’ll be more fun than he thought it would be.

He thought back to a couple of minutes earlier when she showed off. Her voice was like velvet, it felt intoxicating.

She was gorgeous and smart. She completely squashed his statement back there.

Her intensity in the subject was hilarious. She was so into it. Her eyes shone with excitement the whole class. He caught himself staring at her from the beginning. She was so focused she didn't even notice him walk in. 

It was adorable.

Conrad grinned at the memory of how pink her cheeks turned when he smirked at her after she finished proving her point. He couldn’t help it. The girl's attitude was cute.

Throughout every school he’s been too, he was never there long enough to have friends. So as he got older he just didn’t try to make any, he convinced himself he was good alone. This time it would be different though, he could stay, and maybe, she’d be his friend.

Well okay not exactly his friend, more like...friendlier?

You couldn’t exactly be friends with sun-kissed skin, brunette, icy blue eyes, dimple plump mouthed, and intelligent beauty like her.

A loud screech obscured Conrads’ vision for a second as students jogged past his seat and out the door. Conrad scanned the room past them.

Just in time to catch her grabbing her bag. 

A minute after she walked out, Conrad packed up.

“Son? Your new right?”

Conrad turned around.

The question came from Dr.Donovan, a wise-looking older man that taught today. Conrad faced him pausing by the door.

“Yes sir”, he said.

His teacher nodded politely but, paused almost as if second-guessing what he was about to say,” I-I heard the news, I’m sorry, kid.” The older man said with sincere sympathy.