12. Who Knew Water Cost A Lot? (Part 2)

WARNING: Sensitive topics
(Conrad P.O.V)

Same Morning

Time: 3:49A.M.

Conrad groaned walking out of the apartment.

He didn't realize he forgot to pay the water bill last night. Even if they were a couple payment behind at least it would've gained them some mercy.

Damn.

He shouldn't have washed the dishes last night.

At least then one of them could have showered.

Jogging down the stairs Conrad turned to the right of their apartment complex heading straight for the main office building.

Jogging to a stop, he looked through the window and got eye contact with the apartment manager. Ron.

Conrad could tell the man was not happy to see him.

It was pretty hard not to notice since after all the guy ran behind his desk into another room.

His long figure disappeared in a flash.

Stepping into the office the door rang as the bell attached to it rang. The bell chiming to his entrance.

The familiar face behind the receptionist desk looked up at Conrad with bored eyes.

It was the same old Ashley.

"He's not here", she said, not caring if it was a soundproof lie.

Conrad rolled his eyes and hopped around her desk. Ashley ignored him. She merely carried on chewing her gum and typing away her life.

No one could blame her. Like Conrad said, most things he did repeated itself.

"Get out here Ron!I freakin saw you!"

Behind a door came out a tall muscular man. With a nice trimmed beard, beady eyes, a hawk nose, and a poor bald head. For some reason the man always smelled like french fries. When Conrad told him that, he pretended to be offended and repeatedly told him he was vegetarian. Again, Conrad still didn't know how that had to do anything with his odor.

"Well, McAllen ain't it a pleasure", Ron said in exhaustion crossing his arms.

Conrad frowned,"No, not really".

Ron clicked his tongue, "Well that's too bad, ain't it", he smiled.

Conrad slammed his hand on the desk making Ashley the receptionist jump.

Suddenly Conrad groaned putting up an act with puppy eyes and folded palms. He pleaded,"C'mon Ron! Look, we can work something out. How about we pay what we owe by the end of this week huh?!"

Conrad begged.

Rons invisible brows rose,"Oh yeah? If that's the case than how the hell would you two be behind in 2 months in your water bill in the first place?!" he huffed.

Conrad groaned, "C'mon Ron, we've been here for 2 years, we're buddies".

Ron snorted,"2 years too many".

He frowned rubbing his head,"I'm stuck with y'all. I only ignored it for so long because of your pops but now boy, it's been way too long. We all gotta pay our bills son".

Conrad rolled his eyes,"Sure. Keep in mind some more than others".

Ron glared at him.

Conrad smiled back nodding in defeat,"Alright.Alright. We'll see how the local news takes this when they hear about a 'two-faced landlord who turned off the water on a poor highschool kid living all alone", he teased.