Confrontation

Omniscient

"Why the fuck do you have a list of things you need for a baby?!" Mariah isn't happy with her daughter or her daughter's boyfriend.

Trina backs up crying and shaking. "Mom I'm sorry, I didn't mean to I swear, I'm so sorry" Maxwell grabs Trina apologizing to her mother hoping she doesn't put all the blame on Trina.

Mariah paces in a circle rubbing her temples. "What do I tell your father?!" She screams, Mariah grabs the notebook tapping her foot excessively. "Get in the car now!" They hustle to her car nervously. The teenagers didn't know Mariah was about to help them significantly.

Mariah pulls up to the Obgyn. Trina goes pale and clings to Maxwell. "I'm scared" she mumbles. "baby it's going to be okay, let's go" Mariah looks at Maxwell with a slight smile but looks away thinking.

How will she tell her husband?

Maxwell

Trina squeezes my hand feeling the gel on her stomach. The gynecologist estimated Trina being two weeks pregnant but wants to run tests and do another ultrasound just in case. I've thanked her mom for bringing us about ten times. She nods and smiles each time.

I don't mean to seem younger than I am but I've never been a dad before, nor have I gotten anyone pregnant. The woman rubs her hands together looking at the screen, "Okay parents, my estimate was off by one week but that's nothing major so don't worry, do you have any questions or concerns?"

I rub Trina's hand breathing in and out slowly, "When do we find out the gender" she smiles walking over to some pamphlets and booklets. Can I have an answer? "Between 16 and 20 weeks, so you two have some time, what are your plans after the baby is born?"

Does she mean adoption? Trina sits up rubbing her stomach, "I want to keep my child" She sits down and nods slowly. "Are you sure? We can help find a great family-" I cut her off shaking my head. "No, We want to keep our baby" Trina looks at me gasping, as well as her mom.

What? Something I said huh? "That's very noble of you however,-" Her mom interrupts her now. "If they would like to be parents and keep their child please allow them to excercise this right"

The lady nods handing Trina a bag with pregnancy information, what to and what not to eat. Can we leave? She's been annoying.

I know we're in high school but if we want our baby then let us. Stop being difficult. "Come on so you two can eat" I grab Trina's hand walking out. "I'm Happy you told her we want to keep the baby, she wanted to get us to give our child away" I wipe her tears away and kiss her forehead.

That's probably what we should expect during this pregnancy, I'll try to protect her whenever I can but I won't always be around her to help.

Trina

My head spins, Should I be nauseous yet? To this degree? "baby are you ok?" I nod gripping his arm. I blink seeing colors flurry around me. "Lay down Trina, Just lay down we're about to eat okay?"

I lay on his lap closing my eyes, I feel like the world is spinning. "Is she ok?" Max rubs my back seeming unsure. "I don't know, she looks like she's about to throw up" my mom stops driving for a minute looking in the backseat.

That's what I need, stillness. "We can get you some water baby let's go" I sit up looking at Denny's. "I want a burger!!" My mom stares at me shaking her head "No, Trina we're here for breakfast" well dang.

I wanted a burger!! "But mom" she scolds me and opens the door. Fine fine.

Maxwell looks at me with a sly look on his face unnerving me. "Babe you think she'll let us sit alone?" It's not like we're going to have sex in this establishment. "Yes she would, but I think all three of us need to talk"

He nods fixing his hair.

My mom sits with us smoothing her hair back. "Trina I'm trying to be understanding and be here for the both of you, I won't kick you out but we have to figure out how to tell your father"

Damn-my dad. I don't know how. "It'll break his heart" my tears come unexpectedly as I sniff. Maxwell wipes my eyes and rubs my hand. "Don't cry, he'll love you just the same, I promise"

He's always making me feel better. I just hope I will always be able to do that for him.

Mariah.

Joseph would be heartbroken knowing his little girl got pregnant but he'll love her the same. But he'll yell at me for being so soft on her and him.

I can't help it. I have a weakness.

At home.

I quiet his tone knowing they'll hear him if he yells. "What was I supposed to do? Tell her give the baby up?" He crosses his arms looking into my eyes. "She is 16 years old"

I roll my eyes staring at him. "I'm pretty sure I know when she was born" Joseph sits on the bed rubbing his head. "Mariah, you can't live through Trina all because you had an abortion at 16"

He looks at me then rubs his hands together sighing. "I had no choice, I was raped! I couldn't look in my child's face everyday and see the product of a forced sexual relationship"

Joseph hugs me sighing. "I didn't mean it, I'm just stressed, she's pregnant, what do we tell the family?!"

Fuck the family it's about Trina not them. I pull away rubbing his back. "Who cares what they think, we have to keep our daughter and future grandkid in our minds, and Maxwell, he means well"

Joseph doesn't look too positive. "Hey, we should go talk to them about it, no sense in hounding the kids over a mistake" he nods going to the living room. "Can you two come in here?"

Trina comes in looking sleepy, as well as Maxwell. "Sit, we want to talk to you both" they sit slightly apart. Teenage nerves. "Look, we're not in the best situation but what happened happened, we can't take it back we can only move forward" Trina rubs her arm nodding.

Joseph kisses her head sighing. "My little angel, why didn't you choose the other option?" Maxwell stares at him clearing his throat. "We want to keep our baby, we want to raise our baby and nourish them, give them the best life possible"

Jo turns to Maxwell crossing his arms. "Well I didn't ask you did I? How do I know you're not trying to have my daughter keep this baby by force"

"Joseph!" He quiets me turning back to Max. "Trina and I want to keep our child, equally, it started off rocky but that's what we want" very well said. "Daddy you can't make me change my mind, it'll only push me away from you"

Joseph stares at her in dismay but nods anyways. "You're right, i'm sorry"

Maxwell smiles looking relieved. "Max, have you told your mom?" He shakes his head no and looks spaced out. "You have to tell her max, she's your mom"

He slowly says yes, still looking unsure. "Max, we have your best interest at heart, we'll be here when things get crazy"

Maxwell holds Trina's hand thanking me. Such a humble boy.