Sweating

Maxwell

Trina is still in the hospital even though it's been a week, the doctor and nurses aren't saying she's doing bad so I don't know why she's still in here.

I've tried asking, believe me, I've tried. They tell me she will just fine as long as she rests. I'm her partner and the babies father I deserve to know and I'm about to get pissed.

You can't deny telling me the situation when that's my baby, and my other baby. I tap my foot waiting for the nurse to let me see her. I've been waiting about thirty minutes and I don't see the reason why. "Follow me" it's about time!

Trina sits up looking gleeful, I think I'm her first visitor today. "Baby I missed you!" I chuckle holding her hand. "I missed you more, I think you're ready to be withdrawn" her eyes light up and she rubs her tummy.

A frown darkens her face when she touches her stomach, but tries to put a smile back on her face. "No, what's wrong" she sits up looking at my face then the floor. "The baby had malnutrition, that's why I passed out, they kept me in here longer to get the baby the proper nutrients and it almost didn't work"

I feel myself holding a breath hoping Trina tells me our kid is safe. "The baby is okay, but I have to rest a lot now so I don't faint again" she looks ashamed and blinks away her tears, "Trina this isn't your fault, you're healthy and so is our child, you both are safe which is all that matters to me"

Trina nods and wipes her eyes. I engulf her in a bear hug feeling her tension melt away. I don't know why she's blaming herself so hard, is it a mother thing?

Trina

I wiggle out of Maxwell's hug looking at him, does he realize I almost lost the baby? Does he understand or did I beat around the bush too much?

I didn't really want to say it openly but communication is very important, I also need him to keep me strong. "Max I almost lost her" Max stares at me with a blank stare stepping away from me, I knew he wouldn't love me anymore.

My eyes well up with tears but he fans my eyes, "are you okay Tri?" Am I okay? He still Cares. "Max you still love me" he blinks as if I start barking like a dog. He's told me to never second guess his love for me but it's difficult, almost losing our child makes me wonder if he loves me any less.

I couldn't bare to live with myself if I did...

Maxwell kisses my forehead holding me close, "Trina I will never love you any less, you and our princess are safe and that's all that matters to me, please calm down"

I will try, but I can not guarantee it. I hold him sniffing not realizing I've gotten tears on his shirt. "Baby I didn't mean to get tears on your shirt, I'm sorry" Max helps me get dressed and lifts me up. I can walk..I'm not disabled.

Max grips my hand gently while signing me out. Why couldn't my mom be here? Best not to think about it and worry myself too much. Max's grip tightens around my hand and he stands up straighter as we approach his car. "Is your mom mad?" He looks at me then unlocks the car.

Maybe that's a yes. "She just said she knew" I mean who couldn't know? At that point of time? I nod rubbing his hand. "My mom wants to see you more but, I don't see why" so she can get comfortable with the situation?? Maxwell be oblivious sometimes.

I lean the seat back sighing, I wish I could take a warm bath but I don't want the baby in danger because of me again, it would break my heart. I really really love Nadia. I can't wait to meet her!

Max looks over at me and smiles, "what you thinking about baby?" I smile rubbing my tummy, "little nadia" he smiles and pulls up to his house. Aw I missed it here, the scent of his house is so inviting and peaceful. His mom scares me with a hug and a fast prayer. I barely stepped inside, but at least she cares about me. "How is my little grandchild?" I grow hot, nearly forgetting she knew.

I smile telling her she's good, "You're not far along enough to tell darling?" I nod realizing she's right. "I just have a strong feeling she's a girl" she gives me a warm smile nodding. "Maxwell can you get her some ice water?"

I look at max to see if he's alright. He didn't answer her nor did he move. He's just standing their sweating a little bit. "baby?" I sit him down then grab him some water. His mom fans him trying to regain his attention.

He blinks looking at us, then he looks around accepting his cup of water. "Baby are you okay? You left us for a moment" he nods rubbing my hand. "Babe don't worry, I was just zoned out" his mom makes a distrusting face but nods anyways. I feel the same.