Losing Friends

Two months later

Trina

Maxwell rubs my hands and smiles. "Are you excited?" No not really, who wants to go to school with a growing belly. Not me.

He's not the one pregnant so I don't even know if he gone understand where I'm coming from. "What's bothering y'all?" I raise my eyebrow staring at him. What he mean y'all?

"You and the baby duh?" Oh, I guess. "Well, it's obvious I'm pregnant and people were already guessing, what do I do now Maxwell!!" He moves off the bed sighing. "Babe, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to be happy and make you happy"

I roll my eyes laying back down in his bed. Why can't I drop out? Maxwell graduates and then i have to deal with this by myself. "Trina you're not alone, I'm here right by your side" I stare in his eyes feeling unsure of all my emotions. I Know I love him and I know I want to have my baby. But... this is all so hard.

Not sure of my peer group either. My teachers are being sincere about it, which I never would have guessed. I guess I'm learning who the real people are in my life. "Maxwell are you going to tell your mother it's not a false alarm? I mean, I'm two months pregnant going on three and you have yet to confirm her question"

Max grabs my hand and rubs his temple. "Princess, I'm going to tell her when we get home from school. She knows already, I just haven't said yes" I roll my eyes staring at the floor. "Like I said you have yet to confirm her question." Max nods and stands back up. "We're going to be late babe let's go" I cross my arms pulling the covers over me. "Trina, baby please, can you come on" I rub my belly thinking about it.

Does little Nadia want to come to school today? Hmm I don't think she does. "Nadia and I want to stay home" he groans but smiles. "Little Nadia?" I blush covering my face. I kind of already thought of that to be her name. "I love it" I hold his covers over my face grinning stupidly.

Absolutely calm now. "Let's goooooo babe" I get up slipping slides on. Who am I supposed to be looking cute for? "Babe you gone be tripping all day, those are my shoes" I look down and whine. "Nobody told your feet to be so big Maxwell!" He walks down the stairs shaking his head. "Girl I'm gone beat you up so bad" Sure he will. "You not touching me Maxwell."

Maxwell

Here comes the mood swings and tantrums. She already was temperamental, but now her moods are unpredictable. I love my girlfriend with all my heart, but she bullying me if we're being honest. Bullying me just to bully me too. She gets in the car looking in the mirror. "My facial features are changing!!" I look at her then back at the road. "You're still beautiful Tri, so calm down"

She smiles but it turns into a frown. "I really have to pee" I stare at her and groan. We just left the house bruh. Just left! Now I have to rush through traffic and rush into the building so she doesn't pee on herself. "Trina we were just at my house, how" she dances in the seat whining. "Blame your daughter not me"

Daughter... I've always a daughter first. I hope I have one first, If I don't I'll be dissapointed but I'll love my son the same. Any child is a blessing and that's what parents fail to realize when they obsess over having boys first.

A life you bring into this world should never be doubted or taken for granted just because you obsessed and fantasized over one gender over another.

But hey, what do I know?

I get us to the school, while breaking a few traffic laws, in decent time. "Thank you baby!!" I chuckle watching her try to run in the building. She's not that big yet but she is experiencing a lot of big belly troubles.

It's adorable, I love watching her adapt to being pregnant. Myself? I'm coming to terms that I'm a father and I have more than her to look after. Myself? I never really worried about.

Trina helped me fix that a bit. I take my bag to my class and her bag to her class waiting for her to arrive.

We had one exact minute to spare. "Maxwell Weldon where is Trina!" Why did the sub read my name then say my whole name, might as well had said my middle name too. "She's peeing ma'am"

She crosses her arms huffing. How does she know to ask me? Did Trina's teacher leave a note? Probably since I'm not in this class. "What's taking her so long?" Damn get out her business. "Aye aye aye!! What's our assignment" I look at Trina's ex friend and shake my head.

I hope she's ok. "Maxwell go get Trina" damn she bugging. "She's coming stop being impatient" she taps her pen on the clipboard staring at me.

May I help you? Acting weird. Trina walks in rubbing her back. "Thanks for bringing my book bag" I kiss her cheek nodding. "Good luck" she looks at me and points to her name on the attendance sheet. "What took you so long Trina"

Trina sits at her desk shrugging her shoulders. "My back hurts ma'am" the sub scribbles something next to her name in red ink. "She was late because she's pregnant" the class gets quiet and everyone stares at Trina. "Oh, you didn't think we knew? Everyone knows"

If only I could smack girls my damn self. She would be on the floor. "Can you mind your business next time" the girls laughs and shakes her head. "Can you keep your legs closed next time" what the fuck?

I'll put my hands on her and be wrong won't I? Trina blinks her eyes grabbing her pencil. "You stupid hoe" she gives me the middle finger rolling her eyes.

I don't give a fuck. "Baby you coming to my class let's go" she gets up and moves really fast. "Slow down. Fuck them Tri. I got you" she holds her stuff walking out the class. I'll be dammed if they see her cry or upset.

That's what I hate about high school everyone is too busy trying to act cool.