Beauty

Maxwell

I wipe Trina's face smiling, I don't know why she's overjoyed with tears but I love it, her skin gets a nice glow and she becomes calm. She then starts to rest in my arms and look like a child.

Not like I dislike it though, she's gorgeous, especially when she's calm. I love holding her close to me. I rub her back feeling her body slowly become heavier.

She must be sleep then. I rub her arm allowing myself to fall asleep too.

Mariah

How is my daughter pregnant and my son can't stay out of jail. Did I do something wrong along the way? I showed my kids endless love and allowed them to talk about anything with me.

They still had rules but I allowed my kids to have fun. Maybe that's where I went wrong? But either way, if I was stricter they probably would've turned out in a bad way.

Nonetheless I'm proud of Trina, she's not letting an unplanned event bring her down. If I was in her position I wouldn't know what to do. I'm waiting to be the best grandmother I can be. I should continue mothering her now, which includes apologizing for getting an attitude earlier because of her brother.

"What you mean I'm an uncle?!" I roll my eyes pulling up. I meant to tell him when I found out but it was overwhelming. "Well you got five months to process it Donovan" he sits up straight staring at me. "Mom she's keeping it?" I nod staring right back at him. "You should see the love those two have for each other, and they still have goals apart from school."

Donovan

Trina is only sixteen! What is my mom so calm for? I knew having a boyfriend in her life was going to flip some things. But I never thought this far into stuff.

I'm only 19, what the hell is she having a kid before me for? Now I got to bust her bubble and ask all these questions. Just because that's my job. "Leave her be Donovan, she's more prepared and mature than you think, I see it all over your face"

I roll my eyes staring at the door, can she just let me in the house so I can talk to her. She unlocks it eyeing me and shakes her head. "You better change the people you choose to call friends Donovan, be happy I got you and not your father" man whatever, I don't care about none of that, where's my sister.

She glares at me pointing to the couch, "leave her alone Donovan" I roll my eyes going upstairs. I open her door getting furious. Why is she in the bed with a boy? "I think the fuck not" she rubs her eyes not really waking up, only cuddling into her baby daddy.

I rip the cover off them two and watch them both jump up. Trina's eyes went from confusion to anger. "Get the fuck out!!" her little baby daddy grabs her by the waist gently and mumbles something to her while staring at me. Trina sits on the bed as our mom comes in her room looking around.

"Donovan, I told you to leave them alone, what are you doing bothering them for?!" I point at Trina at a loss for words. Why is my mom being so protective over her? "Momma if I got a girl pregnant at trina age you would kill me! What makes you support them?!"

I hear Trina's bed move but I'm too busy focusing all my attention towards my mother for an explanation. "You dated whorish girls that had no goals or love for themselves, You lacked the maturity necessary to even be a parent. Your sister and her boyfriend have goals and are quite mature for their age"

I stare at her in anger. How dare she say Trina is more mature? "If Trina was more mature than me and has all these goals why the fuck is she pregnant" I feel a stinging slap come across my cheek. I stare at Trina, who has tears flowing down her face. "Get the fuck out my room"

If our mom wasn't in her I'd punch the shit out of Trina. "You need to leave" Her baby daddy stares at me getting up. He don't know that I'll rock him too. Two piece for everyone involved. "I thought you wanted to be successful trina" I look at the three of them and walk downstairs thinking heavy.

Whether she like it or not I'm going to ask my questions and get my answers. I'll stay for dinner and that's when I'll do it. My mom soon after comes downstairs and glares at me with her patented look. Her hand is even on her hip, I refuse to get a lecture from her at 19 years old.

"Donovan, come on now! Really!?" here she goes. Already. "You have been in and out of jail for most of Trina's teenage years and now you want to come in here and start yelling at her?" here we go about my criminal history.

"Your sister did not wake up one day and say, Oh let me go get pregnant! she was scared half to death when I found out Donovan! It's taken a whole hell of a lot to get those two to a position where they weren't nervous to be in their own households!"

How long is she about to be yelling at me, I get it, I messed up. Great, I don't care. Nobody is taking this serious.

My baby sister is pregnant at 16. I don't care how much time they've had to process this, it is not normal or smart to keep that damn baby in her right now.

At dinner

Trina

Why is my brother still here? The day started off so amazing. I was completely happy and cuddling with Maxwell, sleeping peacefully. Then here comes my brother. He should've stayed in jail. I'm tired of him already and I just saw him.

He has no reason to disrespect my pregnancy, Maxwell, or me! That's why he got smacked in the face. Don't pop up on me and then act like you high and mighty!

I hate people like that. Now he decides to sit across from me at the table. Maxwell senses my tense body language and rubs my hand slowly in circles. I love him..endlessly.

My dad looks at Donovan in curiosity while my mom has a glare on her face. He's made the whole day go weird! No lie I saw the pain in Max's eyes. He told his mom on accident. It kind of slipped out when I was whining in his chest. Whoops?

Donovan opens his mouth, I'm ready for him to say stupid stuff.

When I say I'm expecting it I really am.

Lord knows how this will go.