Interrogation

Omniscient

Donovan asks Trina how she got pregnant. He also asks when she got pregnant and then moved to deeper questions.

Eventually Donovan moves to Maxwell. Maxwell looks him dead in the eye as if he's a stranger on the street. Maxwell doesn't like anyone hurting his girlfriend.

Even if it's her brother. There's a difference between being protective and an asshole.

Donovan was a borderline asshole.

Maxwell

Trina's brother asks me what makes me want to keep our baby. Are people like this everywhere? This shit tiring. I won't keep explaining myself to people and neither should Trina. We did what we did and now we're taking care of the 'consequence'.

Damn worry about having multiple baby daddies. Worry about bills. I want everyone to stop worrying about Trina and I.

He looks at me cocking his head to the side. Goofy. "I want to have a family with Trina, why else? I want to be a father and I'm going to father our kid"

He snickers and nods. "You'll probably leave her midway" why would I go and do a thing like that? He sounds stupid. "I would never leave her, I found who I love and we're making a family" He looks taken aback.

Next time he ought to think before he speaks. Or I could shove my fist in his mouth, that wouldn't solve anything. Only make it worse.

I also prefer her dad to be somewhat fond of me, I don't want no problems. He smirks and looks to his dad. "you didn't make her abort or give the baby up for adoption?"

I rub Trina's hand watching her tense up at the word abort. That wasn't an ideal option, however the adults around us wondered if we considered or even would act upon it. I don't see why her parents haven't intervened in her brothers implications and questions.

"Now why would I do that? That's my grandchild, I won't give them up, yeah it took some time getting used to and I was mad when I first found out, but you can't look at Trina and maxwell and not see the love between them, they're mature enough Donovan now let it be that."

Not gonna lie, didn't think her dad would stick up for us. I appreciate it. Donovan grunts, looking defeated. "Alright. One last question..." his voice trails off and he looks dead at Trina.

His voice sounds full of pain though. "...why didn't you tell me?" She pulls her hand out of mine, looking vulnerable. "I knew you would react poorly, I could not have that negativity around me, we're already going through a lot Donovan, then you got arrested and I couldn't bring myself to tell you over the phone or while you had visitation"

He doesn't say anything, only looks disappointed. Who is he disappointed in? "Okay, she's sixteen, I haven't even found my so called soulmate let alone gotten anyone pregnant, we're 3 years apart and she is pregnant!" Trina rolls her eyes and gets up. "we get it I fucked up and got pregnant! I'm sick of being ridiculed!!"

She goes upstairs quickly but returns with a bag. Not even glancing at any of us she leaves. The door slamming behind her.