Nurturing

Maxwell

I felt nauseated and weak, I couldn't move my body or anything. But I don't want to worry either one of them. I'll be fine, I'm always fine, Trina looks at me and covers me in a blanket turning the tv on. I look at her and she covers my mouth, "Sssh, just relax, you're overwhelmed."

I hate when she does that. It's not fun to be read all the time by her, I just wish I could be holding her and not the other way around. I'm okay, I really am, but she's taking care of me so I'm fine with that.

Trina kisses my head multiple times and holds my hand, "I love you" I smile squeezing her hand, "I love you too baby girl" she lays me on her lap and turns the tv up a little bit. "Are you two hungry?" I nod for us both feeling peckish, I don't remember the last time I ate. Poor Tri, she been on hospital food for a minute. Maybe she liked it, she had a lot of fruit and mashed potatoes.

Our daughter will be very healthy, hopefully. Her mom is addicted to chocolate so she probably will be too. I can't wait to buy her clothes and hold her, while we may be teens, it's starting to feel natural.

I know for a fact trina will be a great mother, I just need her to believe in herself and reflect on how she's a good hearted person. Speaking of Tri, I think she's falling asleep. "Trina? Get in my bed" she whines shifting. I sit up, looking up at her doze off. "Lay down with me then, that way we're even baby girl"

My mom smiles at me with an approving look, thanks mom. I was worried she was going to be disappointed in me, I was a teen pregnancy myself so maybe it runs in the family..Not funny? No.

Maybe another time it'll be funny, probably not though. "Hey? Your food is in the oven, the oven is on warm so don't worry about it burning. I love you two, try to get some rest or just relax, I'll be upstairs" she walks upstairs and I hear her door close. Tri hugs me smiling a little, "Max, how're you?" I look at her squeezing her hand for a moment.

She rubs my hand and sits up staring into my eyes. This how she got pregnant. "Ma-" I cut her off shaking my head. "We aren't doing that right now mama" she pokes her lip out shifting on the couch.

My big baby man, "But max-" I shake my head shushing her. "My mom upstairs baby and I know you not in the right headspace to have sex"

Trina smiles kissing my cheek, she be acting like I don't know her and how she thinks. "Max can we watch ghost whisperer?" I nod looking for the show, whole time Trina watches me smiling. "Our baby is going to be so cute Max, like wow" I chuckle choosing her show. "Girl you funny" she grins watching the television, not really paying me any attention. It's okay I love her the same.

Especially when she's content around me. Trina lays down looking focused into her show, her phone goes off a few times and she stares at me to grab it, well ok, bossy.

I'll still do it though, I read the messages becoming hot. Who the hell is this?! I sit her phone down on her leg, "Trina read that" she stares at me then back to her phone. Exactly, there's nothing you can say to that. Except, homicide. "Baby don't be mad come here" what does she mean don't be mad??

Deep down I know she cares and is trying not to show it. "Tri I'm telling my mom before I do anything, do you know them?" She shakes her head reading it again, I notice the tears starting to form in her eyes, that only pisses me off more.

"Mom!!" I hold Trina close to me trying to stop the tears from falling, "baby girl I will handle this situation, don't cry and don't be scared" she holds me tight shaking.

Can my mom hurry up? Please! She comes downstairs looking over then starts moving faster seeing Trina shake. "Is she okay? What happened Maxwell?"

Wow mom wow. "Someone texted her that they were going to follow her and kill the baby" my mom's eyes twitches as she grabs her phone. Imagine me killing a girl. Just imagine it. Because it's happening really soon.

My mom kisses our heads and leaves with trina's phone. Dang momma just leave with no words huh? Trina looks at me with red eyes, occasionally looking away. "Maxwell I can't lose the baby, I would lose my entire mind" I nod holding her close to me. "Princess don't worry about a thing, not a damn thing"

Trina smiles wiping her eyes, I need her phone to track the address. But my mom has it, filing a police report. Great.

A few hours later

Trina

Maxwell's mom has found out who exactly sent the message and it was my old friend Nikayla. She had a liking for Maxwell for awhile, but then moved away so I figured we would never speak again.

After all, we had a big argument before she left.

But when I say she moved, she left the state. She moved to Texas. Why is she texting me? and how does she know I'm pregnant? I never blocked her because she blocked me, I also never cared enough to feed into her delusions.

Max taps my leg looking in my eyes. "are you alright, you seem distant."

I have the right to be distant, this girl is obsessed and I'm kind of worried about Lil Nadia's safety. The way she figured out had to be through people at my school. That's the only thing that makes sense in my head.

But who, could've told her? The possibilities are endless. "I'm okay..I just need some rest, can you hold me?" Maxwell smiles a tiny bit and holds me while rocking me. He's amazing at keeping me calm and I love it so much. I wonder if he realizes how much I appreciate him.