Bashful

Maxwell

I've been looking for Trina for two hours. She hasn't answered my calls or text messages, I'm getting more and more anxious as the minutes pass that I don't hear from her.

Her dad stared at the door when she left. I don't know if he was in shock but I was the only one who got up as soon as the shock wore off. It was only a matter of time before Trina broke and couldn't take the constant questioning and ridicule.

I've tried to look at her location but it keeps saying location not found. I really hope she's safe. I couldn't bare to go on if anything happened to her or our baby. I call my mom again, further out of breath.

Why hasn't my mom been answering? I need her help more than ever, and she's nowhere to be found. Much like Trina. I can't go home without knowing she's safe. I just need my mom to answer my call. That's what I need.

Her parents keep asking me if I found her, I wonder if they're even looking for her. That's their daughter and sister I would hope they cared enough. I sigh looking around in the darkness, becoming soaked with rain.

I tiredly walk home slowly becoming filled with anger. "Why haven't you answered your phone?!" she turns around looking shocked. "Max you know better than to yell at your mother, what is wrong with you?"

I don't mean to, but I glare at her out of annoyance. "Maybe if you checked your phone you would know I've been looking for Trina" she turns her attention to me fully and puts her hand on her hip.

I know I've messed up her mood since she's speaking her native language, I can't fully understand her because of how fast she's talking but I can make out she's asking why I would disrespect her and how did I lose track of my girlfriend. "I didn't lose Trina, her br-if you read your messages and answered you would know"

She grabs her phone as I walk away. I hear her footsteps behind me but I don't care to hear whatever she has to tell me. I never blow her phone up or text her excessively.

She wasn't even doing anything important, just standing there. "Maxwell don't shut me out" I sigh turning around. "Mom I'm stressed, let me think" her face softens. Instead of leaving she walks in further hugging me. I didn't really ask for a hug, I don't need one either. I need to know my child and girlfriend is safe.

I texted Mario but I'm getting zero replies. I wish I could find her. I lay in bed watching my mother talk. I don't really hear her but I just nod.

She walks out closing my door quietly. I hear a few dings causing me to jump up maybe it's her. I glance at it seeing an address, maybe I should read the message fully. Mario tells me to come to his house, why would I go there if I'm looking for Tri?

Man I'll just go, who knows what might happen. I walk downstairs grabbing my keys. I should've changed out my wet clothes but whatever.

Rain ain't nothing, "Maxwell!" I turn around raising my eyebrow. "Tell me when you get ahold of her" I relax and nod, driving to Mario's house with nobody in the car is kind of dampening my already sour mood.

How does Mario drive this distance everyday? It's not too far but it's not close at all. I pull into his driveway slowly looking around.

There's no lights on in his house and I don't see his car. Well I know he didn't tell me to come here without him even being home. I would hope not, or him and I would have an issue.

I press the doorbell waiting for the door to open, I don't wait long seeing as Mario appears smiling. "Glad you made it" I nod coming inside. It smells like woman in here. "Mario is your mom home?" He shakes his head no. Brewing me some coffee. How'd he know?