Losing Friends Pt 2

Maxwell

I grab her bag rubbing her hand. "Talk to me baby" she wipes her eyes sighing. "That was supposed to be my friend" friend? I'll have her beat up if we're being honest. "Baby fuck her and fuck them people" she smiles a little and hugs me. "You're so caring"

Stop it. I'm just here, not all that special. "I love you Maxwell, now do your paper baby" always keeping me on track. I tap my pencil on the desk thinking. Who else will try to upset her? Will it be everyone? 'Friends' of hers? I want to watch her at all costs.

We only have a few classes together, we can make it work.

Trina

I guess Alyssa couldn't wait to expose me to everyone. There's a difference between people assuming and nobody giving them an answer versus my so called friend telling the class. I didn't even tell her I was pregnant though, so how did she find out?

I lay on Maxwell eating my carrots slowly. They crunch too loud for my liking, or maybe I'm just upset and trying to ignore it. "You really went and got her pregnant huh Max" ugh. He looks up towards whoever and nods. "I thought you was playing man, damn you something else"

They walk away laughing and humming their song. "Maxwell what the hell is he talking about?!" He grabs my hands looking in my eyes "I made a joke and said I was gone get my girl pregnant, I said that before you and I dated, he's just trying to make you mad" well, it's working too.

He shifts sighing a bit, "hey why would I do this to us on purpose, at this age..why wouldn't I let you or myself finish high school at least?" He's right...he's right. I peck his hand laying back down on him. Can we please leave!!

I've been here for two whole hours and it's been nothing but bullshit. It's like they're picking on ME to test my temper. That's not fair, I can't fight pregnant, my baby's health is too important to me.

Hey, that's all that matters. "Max can you hand me my water pleeeeaaaassee" he looks at me then grabs the water..while still looking at me. "Is something on my face?" He shakes his head opening it for me. Talk boy damn. "God gave you a tongue for a reason" he shrugs going back to his paper.

What did I do? I hope I didn't offend him asking him what that boy meant. I need to consider his feelings more. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean he doesn't feel any type of way. "Baby?"

He looks at me and nods. "Maxxxyyy, babe I'm really sorry I've been an asshole, don't say I haven't, cause I have, I can't discard your feelings because you're not pregnant, I love you, I'm going to be better I promise"

He kisses me on my lips this time! Trina for the win. I kiss back forgetting we're in school. Oh damn. "That's enough you two!" I giggle looking at max. "One more?" His eyes light up as if I offered him a million dollars. That's what I love about him.

Max is so loving and affectionate. "You want me to walk you to class?" I consider it but shake my head no. Need to be strong for myself. I hug him and get up slowly, school floors are really hard! Like in all honesty, my butt is numb.

We sat in the hall for forty-two minutes, almost doing nothing. "Tri dust your booty off" that's embarrassing as hell. I dust it off grabbing my water bottle and carrots. Keeps the sickness down!! And if it doesn't work I have mouthwash, toothpaste, and my toothbrush.

I'm prepared! I need to wear a dress, but it's getting chillier outside, but I also don't walk home. So, I should do what I please. "Hey hey" I look back at a girl flirting with Max. Weirdo. She giggles touching his chest. Bi-. He lightly pushes her back and says something. And she looks at me then goes back to playing with his hair.

Excuse me? I walk over quite calm. "Yeah so, I'm his girlfriend what are you doing" she looks at me and rolls her eyes. "I'm flirting with him, are you blind" Nah, when she's blind I'll be ok. "Step back" she waves her hand meaning I need to get out her way. I push her on accidental purpose watching her stumble into the lockers.

"Trina Come on" now he wants to calm my temper. Boy I already pushed her.

I laugh to myself holding his hand. "Max go to class" he kisses me again and walks away. My hubby! "Y'all should've made a sex tape if you wanna go out strong" I turn around looking at this kid, I'm really considering smacking him but I don't know him.

I'll be nice I guess. "Ahaha? What?" He smiles holding his hand out to me. What? Oh..uh I guess I shake it now? I shake his hand feeling his uncertainty go away. "It was a joke..I didn't mean to offend you, I'm Mario" of course his name is Mario. "No worries, I'm Trina" he smiles and nods.

He must be new. "What's the little ones name" I instinctively rub my tummy "Nadia" he smiles grabbing his notebook. "I think it's a girl as well" how does he know so much? "Are you new to the district?" He nods "my first day here, I was in the office for first period"

How does he know I'm pregnant? "If you don't mind me asking, how do you know I'm with child?" He smiles pointing to my face and the rest of me. "You carry yourself with a protection that a pregnant woman would, you're heavily guarded" well every woman should be guarded if I'm being honest.

I slowly nod and smile. "So, how far along are you?" I guess he's truly interested? "I'm going on 3 months" he smiles and does a quiet clap. "And you'll have a baby shower right?" I didn't really think about that. "Uh I don't know I never really thought about it"

He looks shocked and writes something in his notebook. "You believe it's a girl correct?" I nod rubbing my eyes. "Look" I blink looking at his notebook, oh...a list. "That's very nice of you but we just met, I couldn't ask of you to help me with my baby shower" he flicks his wrist shaking his head. "It is no issue"

I just lost a friend why not make another. "Don't be so tense, I'm not doing this to hurt you" is that so. I nod biting my carrot out of nervousness. I see my friend Jess and smile waving at her. She stares at me and scoffs. I-what?? "You're better off without them, they're all going to leave you" I look at Mario in disbelief.

I'll be the judge of that. I walk over to their table trying to sit down. "No, go sit in the back, we don't want your pregnant shit over here" what? Don't cry Trina, don't cry Trina. "What the hell are you talking about?!" Anger.

"We do not want to associate with a pregnant girl anymore, goodbye Trina" I could do so many things...but I'll just walk away. They'll have to work that out with God not me.

I sit back down near Mario and grab my pillow sighing. Did he guess that? How'd he know they would all..collectively leave me?! I don't have any of them now...I really thought I could depend on them.

Mario pats my back and leans back in his seat. "I told you" that he did. Can't even be mad. Girls only want what makes them look good. "Can I sit with you at lunch?" I nod not really listening. How can someone just..leave their friends in their time of need..."wait I'm sorry what did you say" he smiles and sits up. "Can I come to your table for lunch?" Ohh. "Well I sat with them so we have to make our own table now"

Mario nods holding his hand out again. Oh...uh ok. I shake his hand smiling genuinely now. "I will see you again, bye Trina" bye? Didn't the class just start? He gets up with his bag and leaves. Soon after, the bell rings.

Didn't class just start?