Clarity

Maxwell

"Umm is the baby moving that much?" I hush Mario rubbing Trina's hand. She doesn't want any family at her appointment right now and I don't blame her. When she went back home her dad thought it was smart to yell at her, then tell her the baby is making her make dumb decisions.

Trina's been between my house and Mario's, his mom appears to be a absent parent and somewhat of a drunk. He gives her the 'beverage' she wants and she passes out or leaves to get more. I'm working on the DNA test for Mario, but if she ends up not being his mom I don't know how he'll take that. I wouldn't know how to reveal that someone anyways. 'Hey this isn't your mom'

Doesn't sound too smart or fun. Maybe deep down inside he knows. Trina calls me crazy, but I feel it in my bones. "Your baby is healthy and growing accordingly, but I am worried about you, mom" Trina looks up then starts to sit up straight. "Why? I'm doing just fine" the nurse looks unsure walking over to us. "Trina let's be clear, your stress levels are going up instead of down, your blood pressure has shot up, is everything okay? Do you need a different living situation?"

She sighs shaking her head. "My brother has come back home and it's causing tension, how can I lower my blood pressure?" The nurse hands her some papers smiling. "You can exercise more, cut back on processed foods and try yoga, being active is a great wait to relieve your stress and lower the blood pressure"

Trina nods slowly. "Thank you" the nurse gives a warm smile exiting the room. "Trina you have to drink more water too, I know she didn't say that but water calms you" she nods towards me shifting. "Can we leave now?" I guess so.

I rub her tummy feeling her tension melt away. Her health is so important to me, the baby being healthier than Trina is worrisome but I'll try to relieve her as much as I can. We help her get off the bed then she fixes her shirt smiling. "Trina you need to eat okay?" She glances at Mario trying to ignore what he said. "You should eat, I'm fine" they start staring at each other and bickering about who should eat between the two of them. "How about you both eat, shut the fuck up!!" They stop moving then turn towards me looking frustrated.

It's not my fault, they got on my nerves. Trina holds her stomach and winces. "Baby what's wrong?" she shakes her head walking out the room. I need her to talk to me. I rush behind her slipping my hand into hers. "Talk to me baby" she rubs her belly with her free hand then puts my hand over her stomach looking me dead in my eyes.

Is-is the baby kicking? She winces again but smiles. "Did you feel it?" I slowly grin calling Mario over. He walks over hesitantly looking at our faces. "Is everything okay?" Trina fans her eyes smiling. "Kicking- kicking, the baby is actually kicking Mario"

Mario stands still for a moment, then rubs her stomach gently. His hand moves back a little bit causing him to jump into me. "I wasn't prepared for that!" I quiet him laughing. These nurses gone think we're trying to do some delinquent things. We've been here long enough let's go.

I feel like she's going to bring us a daughter into the world--my daughter? I'm a dad...right. My daughter seems to like kicking Trina. Every few moments she winces or breathes heavier. "Should it be hurting you like that mamas?" Trina looks over rubbing my hand. "My mom told me the first time the baby kicks it'll be shocking, I guess she was right, I'm not used to it is all Max, don't worry" I somewhat nod and drive.

If she's hurt I'm hurt, I don't want her to be in pain. Even if it's just baby kicks. "Cannn weee stop by my house?" Trina looks back at Mario then turns around. "Yeah, we can"

"Not now, later" then what was the point of asking now. I chuckle to myself pulling in her driveway. "Your mom is home?" Mario sounds nervous peering at Trina, his eyes moving back and forth quickly. "Yes..she's nice though Mario don't worry" he leans back opening the door reluctantly. Trina and I get out going to the door. "My keyyyy" she pats her sides profusely then grabs the keychain around her neck.