The Boggart (D)

(A\N this is third year btw when they're with Lupin)

TW: HOMOPHOBIC SLUR

*Harry POV*

I was in my favorite class of the day: DADA. Professor Lupin was showing us Boggarts this class. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Ridikulus!"  (A\N I took the time to look up the scene lmao these are the exact lines from the movie so yeah lol) We all repeated after Lupin. "Very good. A little louder. Very clear, listen. Ridikulus!" 

Professor Lupin ushered Neville first to try the spell after a few minutes of learning how to pronounce and do the spell. "Now, Neville. What scares you the most?" Lupin asked him. He muttered something and Lupin asked him to repeat it. 

"P- Professor Snape." We all burst out laughing. 

"And you live with your grandmother, do you not?" Lupin asked again.

"Yes, but I don't want it to turn into her, either." The whole class laughed even harder. 

"I assure you, it won't. Now, I want you to picture only your grandmother's clothes very clearly when I open the door, okay?"

He nodded and nervously stepped forward and Lupin opened the door to the wardrobe. Out stepped Professor Snape with his greasy hair and hooked long nose. Neville nervously raised his wand as Lupin encouraged him.

"Ridikkulus!"  Snape's black robes turned into green ones. He was wearing a hat with a vulture on top of it. We all burst out laughing as he turned around, confused. "Now, everybody. Make a line, please!" We all made a single file line and Ron was the first one. Snape immediately turned into a humongous eight-legged hairy spider. Ron seemed like he could've fainted then and there. He whimpered but took out his wand. "Ridikkulus!" 

Some roller skates appeared at the spider's feet and it started wobbling while we howled with laughter.

*Draco's POV*

Crabbe, Goyle and I moved forward in the line, laughing as we made fun of the ridiculous fears everybody had. That Longbottom kid was scared of Snape. How dumb. The Weasel was scared of spiders. That Parvati girl was scared of snakes! God, how dumb these fears were. 

As another kid shouted "Ridikkulus!" at a big, hairy dog, I whispered to Crabbe and Goyle. "This class is ridiculous." It seemed that Lupin had heard me. As he turned around and walked towards me. 

"Why don't we see you, Mr Malfoy? I'm interested to see what your boggart is." I was a little scared as I walked to where the now very funny-looking dog stood. 

What if it was my father, telling me how disappointed he was? Or He Who Must Not Be Named, telling me to join him? Nothing could prepare me for what actually showed up. As I arrived in front of the Boggart, it changed into Harry bloody Potter.

Everybody gasped, some snickered, and I could hear someone mutter "He's scared of Potter?" I knew exactly what was about to happen. At first, the fake Harry didn't say anything. He just stared at me. But then, he spoke up. 

"Malfoy, you are a disgusting faggot! I would never  love someone like you! You are disgraceful, a horrible person and you should kill yourself! Your father is right when he says you're a disappointment! You're USELESS!" Harry screamed at me.

Everybody was staring at me and tears filled my eyes. Lupin grabbed my arm. "Draco...I-" He started to say, but I pulled away and ran out with everybody's eyes closely following me. I ran into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and locked the door with a charm. I sunk down crying and leaned my head back against the cold door.

*Harry POV*

I was confused when Malfoy stepped into the front of the room. The boggart saw him and turned into...Me? The fake me just stared at him and them began screaming about how he was a faggot, and how I would never love him. I could see tears in his eyes as he ran out of the classroom. Everybody turned to look at me and I just went bright red.  My "enemy" liked me. God knows for how long.

That's when I decided. I had to go after him. Let him know how I felt too. I ran out of the classroom before Lupin could say anything. Once I was a safe distance away, I pulled out the Marauders' Map. (A\N I don't know if he had it yet but imma say he did) I saw the tiny dot labeled 'Draco Malfoy' in a nearby bathroom and I followed it.

I entered the bathroom and as I could remember from last year, it was exactly the same. The floor was flooded and surely enough, Myrtle was floating nearby. What was weird was that she was smiling. "Hey, Myrtle. Why so happy?" I asked as she approached to greet me. 

"Hello, Harry! That Malfoy boy is in here crying! Isn't it lovely to hear the misery of others?" she asked sweetly.

"Yeah...Hey, think you could give us some privacy?" I whispered. Surprisingly, she nodded and disappeared into the farthest stall and the door closed. I brushed it off and knocked on the door where the crying and sniffling was coming from. "Draco? I know you're in here. Please open the door." I begged. 

"What, here to laugh at me, Potter? Go away." He croaked from inside, his voice breaking with every word he uttered.

'He's left me no choice.' I thought "Alohomora" I whispered and the door opened. Malfoy was sitting on the floor, he had his head between his knees, apparently not noticing the door was open. His robes were all wet from sitting on the soaking floor and his platinum-blonde hair was much messier than I'd ever seen it. I crouched down to his height and even though my robes were soaking I didn't care. I sat down next to him and he moved his head and his eyes widened as he saw me. 

His eyes were red and puffy and he looked a mess. "Potter, what are you doing here? If you really came here just to make fun of me, then fuck off." I didn't budge and he glared at me. "What do you want?"

*Draco's POV*

"For you to be patient and listen to me, you idiot. That thing that happened with the boggart..." He sighed. "Do you really feel that way?" I sighed but slightly nodded. His hand reached out and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Ma- I mean, Draco, I- I feel the same way. I just never had or would have had the courage to tell you."

I just looked at him, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My body decided to have a mind of its own and when I realized, I was leaning in. My cold lips touched his warm ones. I could tell he was shocked at first but he started to kiss back. I ran my fingers through his beautiful tousled hair and played with it while he bit my bottom lip.

His tongue went in my mouth, exploring it but I didn't complain. I was enjoying this too much. It just felt right. We pulled away, both smiling like idiots. He smiled, but I still felt a little embarrassed. I think he could tell. "This doesn't mean I'm gay, got it?" He said. I burst out laughing and so did he. 

"God, Harry you're so stupid!" I laughed. He smiled. 

"Well, remember you fell in love with this stupid idiot." I leaned in and we kissed until we heard somebody clear their throat.

We pulled away going slightly red at the sight of Professor Lupin. I could hear the Weasel and Granger's voice from far away. "Are they there, Professor?" she asked. To our relief, Lupin shook his head. 

"Nope, not here. Sorry, kids. You might have to catch up to him at lunch time." He simply winked at us and walked away.

Lupin was definitely my favorite teacher. We waited until we heard the door close and I stepped out. I held my hand out for Harry and he took it. "So, do you want to be this idiot's boyfriend?" he asked me, smiling. 

"Certainly so, Mr Potter." I kissed him again and we heard commotion outside signaling lunch was starting. We left the classroom separately and though we didn't mention it, I could tell we both were going to tell our friends what happened as soon as we saw them again.