A Jily Wedding (WS)

*Sirius's POV*

I smiled brightly at the newly wed couple as they came to sit at our table. The table I was currently sitting at was full of James and Lily's close friends, which included Remus, Marlene, Frank, Alice, Peter, Petunia, Regulus and me. James and Lily's parents were also sitting at the table.

"So, how does it feel to be married?" I asked them both and they showed me the biggest smile I have ever seen. 

"So far, it's a dream." Lily said, turning happily to James and kissing him. Everybody at the table awed and they laughed a little.

I was happy for my friends, I really was, but it was hard to concentrate with Remus near me. I had always had the biggest crush on him but was always too cowardly to tell him. I wanted to ask him to come to the wedding with me but I chickened out.

James must've seen my expression because he leaned into my ear. "Thinking about a certain werewolf, are we?" He whispered and I jumped, glaring at him. I shook my head. 

"No, I'm not thinking about anybody!" I whisper-shouted, earning a few glances from other guests, including Remus which made me blush.

"Honestly, Pads, don't be a coward and ask him to dance!" Said James, encouraging me. 

"Ask who to dance?" Asked Lily, joining in on our conversation. Before I could deny anything, James spoke up. 

"I'm trying to get him to ask Remus to dance. He simply refuses to do so." James sighed and Lily looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Come on, Sirius! Even if he says no, which I'm sure he won't, you'll eventually get him to dance with you! I mean, James used to beg me just to go out with him and look now." She said, smiling softly and I sighed. 

"Fine. If it'll make you two stop fangirling, then I'll ask him to dance when the time comes." I huffed. 

"Sirius is going to what now?" Regulus joined in. 

"He's asking Remus to dance!" Said Lily happily. 

"Hey, he's right there! Say it louder why don't you?" I hissed and the three laughed. 

"You've still got to ask him to dance." Pointed out Lily and I nodded.

"Make sure it's a slow song~" Taunted James and Regulus and I glared at them and rolled my eyes. 

"No." I argued and the three looked at me disappointedly. 

"Fine! Slow dance it is." I sighed. Almost as if on cue, somebody came up to the microphone. 

"Now, the bride and groom will share their first dance. Everybody give it up for James and Lily Potter!" Everybody started clapping as James got up and extended his hand to Lily, who took it.

They both walked up to the dance floor, hand in hand and started swaying around to the beats of the beautiful music and we all smiled at how happy they seemed. I could just wish that Remus and I looked at each other like that. The love in each other's eyes when they saw their partner. It was truly beautiful.

Their dance ended and the traditional father-daughter dance took place before everybody was allowed to join and dance with their partners. I took a deep breath and looked at Remus, who had his chin on his hand and was looking at me, almost as if mentally debating whether he should ask me something or not.

When I turned to him, it seemed to be the first time I realized how handsome he looked. He was one of the groomsmen, so he was wearing a black tuxedo with a matching bowtie as well as the rest of the groomsmen like Regulus and Frank. I realized we were both staring at each other and I blushed a little as I spoke up. "Hey, Moony. Do you want to dance?" I asked him.